Jake's Glasses

Plot: Jake wears his glasses in to work one day

Jakes phone buzzes on his bedside table, his 6:20 alarm is going off. He's tempted to turn it off and stay home from work today because Mac had been waking him and Amy up all night. They were taking turns of who has to go check up on him and put him back to bed. "Ohh come on.. I already have to get up?" he groans but he knows he has to get up and get ready for work. He practically pushes himself out of bed carefully as not to wake Amy up and puts on his glasses. He turns off his phone alarm and walks sluggishly towards his drawers, opens them and throws on his normal crime-solving clothes. Shirt, flannel t shirt, hoodie, his leather jacket and police badge, John McClane style around his neck, as always.

He walks over to Amy's side of the bed, kisses her on the cheek, as he does every morning and walks into the bathroom. He stares at himself in the mirror and the huge dark bags under his eyes and debates trying to cover them up with Amy's makeup but he doesn't want to wake Amy up because he doesn't know how to apply it. He sprays deodorant, brushes his teeth and looks at the two contact lens containers sitting on the bench, one marked 'A.S' and the other 'J.P'. It's adorable how organized Amy is. They also didn't want to mix them up again. He decides to wear his glasses instead, he hasn't done it in a few years so who knows what's going to happen. "Just in case" he stashes his contacts in his bag.

Mac is awake, lying in his crib. Jake walks into Macs room and leans into his crib, giving Mac a small kiss on his forehead. He says "Bye bye little Mac, I love you so so so much you have no idea." He tries to stand up but Mac grabs onto his glasses. "I'm going to need those.." Mac doesn't let go so Jake has to pry his chubby little baby fingers off of them. He places Macs light-purple blanket over him

He finishes getting ready and is more awake now after eating some cereal. He finds himself checking up on Mac multiple times throughout the morning and he's out like a light. The time is 6:54 and its almost time for him to leave as he does every morning but somehow ends up late every time. By this time, Amy is awake and all she has on is her pyjamas and a dressing gown/robe. "Ok Ames, I have to leave but I'll see you when I get home. I'll also probably message you and call you a gazillion times today" "You're wearing your glasses?" "Yeah.. I honestly couldn't be bothered putting in the contacts.." He says and Amy smiles, they share a kiss and goodbye's for the day and leaves the apartment

He parks his car outside of the precinct and walks in. Charles and Rosa are standing at Terry's desk and talking to him, Holt is in his office, Hitchcock and Scully are sitting at their desks doing whatever they do everyday. As Jake walks past Terry's desk, he catches Terry's attention "Hey Jake" he waves at him "Heyyy Terry, Charles, Rosa" he panics and tries to take his glasses off his face and into his bag before they can see, but no luck. "Ha, nerd" Rosa "I'm not a nerd, I'm cool like you.. I just can't see" "Still a nerd" "okay, cool it Rosa." He says in a slightly annoyed voice "Jakey, I think the glasses look great!" Scully tells him, out of no where "Thankyou Scully, see Rosa? Just because I wear glasses doesn't mean I'm a nerd" He pauses "I married one, I didn't become one"

Jake sits down at his desk and puts his head in his hands and he almost falls asleep, then and there. "You seem irritable" He gets startled awake "hmm? What, who said that?" he asks, looks up and finds Holt staring at him. "I got barely any sleep last night.. Mac was constantly waking up, I wore my glasses because I couldn't be bothered putting in my contacts "You wear contacts too?" Charles asks "Why didn't you tell me sooner Jake?!" Charles says, worried "Dude, I'm blind, not dying." he says to Charles "How long have you had problems with your vision?" Holt asks "Only a couple years. I don't wear the glasses much anymore, only when I'm reading or some-" he pauses and a wave of realisation falls over his face "I'm an old man" everyone laughs at him "Terry you can't laugh, you've already lost all your hair"