bounce back

Gabby's POV:
It's been two weeks since the shooting. Only one out of the four people shot died. it was a senior named Shawna Adams. We didn't know her but we went to her funeral because we were there for that tragic night. Anna is back on her feet and has full control of her arm. Life has been good. I feel bad for Anna because some nights she'll have anxiety attacks due to the PTSD if her getting shot. I go up to her bed and lay next to her and tell her the exact words I told her when she got shot. "It's gonna be okay Anna., You hear me? I've got you." and I let her fall back asleep.

   Alex and I have postponed our moving to sometime next year because of this, Anna needs me and he understands. Besides the year is halfway done so moving now wouldn't be the smartest decision. Alex took me on a date last night. It was a picnic by the sunset to recreate our first date and the day he asked me to be his girlfriend to make up for our actual anniversary. He cares so much. I love him so much. 4 years of my life have been devoted to my favorite boy in the world, Alex.

   In 2 weeks it will be the 4 year anniversary of Papi's sleeping incident. That day is always hard for my family but we learn how to get though it. I am excited to go see my family that weekend because we always spend it together to let us all know we got each other & we are here for each other. We don't celebrate it like a birthday, we celebrate it like it was a death. We value the little moments.