Move in

"Stop whining, we have to finish unpacking so we can go to that party tonight."

"Do we seriously have to go to this party, Lily?" I say with an obvious look in my face. "I mean it is our first day in this new apartment and classes start next week."

Lily looks at me like I am the dumbest person in the world

"Are you kidding me? We have to go. It's the first party of the year and we need to make new friends that aren't people we know from highschool. You could even meet your soulmate tonight or just make out with a hot guy you know." She says with a wink.

Lily is a dreamer, unlike me. She believes we are all destined for love and happiness and that we all have a soulmate that is supposed to love us back. She always goes on and on about how I will find true love one day and just because I have been hurt in the past does not mean I will never find anyone.

Truthfully I hadn't had a boyfriend since freshmen year of highschool and I would like it to stay that way. It's not that I'm against boys, love, or anything else. I just would rather not get hurt again by a boy who pretends to love me. All boys are the same in my opinion, therefore, I will never find love.

"What are you standing there for, let's unpack these boxes."

I let out a loud and fustrated grown knowing I would be doing all of the work and then get dragged to a party tonight. As I pick up the last box off of the sidewalk I see a group of boys looking our way. Lily gives them a smirk and I just roll my eyes. College was going to be fun. Hint the sarcasm.
———————————————————————————
"Okay, we are all finished" I smile while looking at our wonderfully decorated apartment, thanks to me.

It was mine and Lily's first year at college and we both agreed we would rather not stick to the dorms. She says they are too small and community
bathrooms are gross and I said I just want my own space, so we agreed to find an apartment. After searching for a while, we found a small two bedroom with a nice kitchen, living area, and bathroom. It was perfect and right on campus.

"Ev, it's time to get ready for the party. We need to be fashionably late."I sigh as we walk into the bathroom to get ready.

"What are you even wearing?" I say with confusion "I have no idea what to wear."

She looks to me and then to my closet. She picks out a very short black dress with thin straps. She grabs my Dr. Martins and throws then at me.

"Here, wear this. It will be perfect."

I actually like this outfit. It's a mix of edgy and girly and I love to show my legs and collarbone off.

Lily decides to wear a short leapord skirt with a black cropped top. She throws some heels on and adds a little bit of jewelry to complete the outfit.
She curls my strawberry red hair, leaving it down. My long hair reaches down to the small of my back. On the other hand, Lily leaves her medium length black hair straight like always. We both do some natural makeup.

"Okay, we look good."

"No, we look hot" Lily says, putting emphasis on the word "hot."

I grab my keys and stuff them into my small Kate Spade purse, while Lily orders our Uber. We decided not to drive so we wouldn't have to worry about drinking. Plus, I don't wanna take care of my drunk bestfriend while having to drive home. She gets a little crazy when she drinks.
———————————————————————————
     Hello, I have a lot of thoughts and stories going on in my head and I have finally decided to write them down. My stories are very important to me and they honestly help me fall asleep at night. I'm a little scared as to what people will think so please be nice. I'm also not quite sure how long you are supposed to make your chapters so let me know please.
     Ps. This is not edited at all.