Chapter 20- Sokovia

Depuis le début

Soon enough, a swarm of robots came flying at me. I managed to dodge them and blasted some, before they split up, half of the swarm after me and the other half after Thor.

"The next wave is gonna hit at any moment." I said after destroying the last few attack robots.

"What have you got Stark?" Steve asked Stark.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Stark explained.

"I said for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve argued.

"The impact radius is getting bigger by the second. We're going to have to make a choice." Stark retaliated.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow up this rock..." Natasha finally stepped in.

"Not until everyone is safe." Steve cut her off.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down here? There's no math in that." Natasha said.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve replied.

"I didn't say we should leave." Natasha stated. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Nick Fury's voice spoke.

At that moment, SHIELD's helicarriers emerged.

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve muttered.

"Oh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

After that, lifeboats emerged from the flying vehicles for people to board.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asked.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be." Steve answered.

"It's not so bad." Pietro said.

"Let's load them up." Steve ordered.

He turned to me.

"You said you had a group of people protected right?" He asked me.

I nodded, knowing exactly what he wanted from me and flew away, back to the still standing force field. I removed the force field and got everyone to follow me to the closest lifeboat, and made sure everyone was on.

"Thor, Destiny, I have a plan." Stark said.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor replied.

We all met inside the center, where the vibranium core happened to be.

"What's the drill?" I asked Stark.

"This is the drill." Stark said while pointing to the vibranium core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Ultron then showed up, and we all readied our weapons, turning towards him.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor asked.

With a chuckle, Ultron held his hand up, and a full on army of robots came into view. I let out a quiet sigh and turned to my brother.

"You had to ask." I commented.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me." Ultron said. "How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said. Together." Stark answered.

Ultron's robots charged straight at us as we all took them down. Though there wasn't very much room, I continued to blast many robots. Outside, we encountered Ultron, who was just standing there. Stark fired up his blasters while Thor blasted his lightning and I blasted my light. Vision also joined us as he fired up a laser from the mind stone. The amount of energy we were all blasting was enough to bring Ultron down and destroy some part of him.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight...."

Ultron did not have time to finish before the Hulk appeared, smashing him and sending him flying into the air. The robots attacking quickly began retreating.

"They're going to try and leave the city." Thor determined.

"We can't let them. Not even one." Stark said. "Rhodey!"

As Rhodey appeared to take down the robots, Vision flew out as well.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve ordered.

"I'll come as well." I stated.

"What about the core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda said.

We all left, towards the boats and looking for people who may still be on the rock.

"Thor and Destiny, I'll need you both back at the church." Stark requested as I finished loading a few more people on a lifeboat.

"Is this the last of them." He asked.

"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier." Steve stated.

"You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away." Stark commented.

"Maybe not." I agreed as Thor and I flew to the church.

Thor stood at the drill as Stark and I made our way underneath the floating city. The two of us fired blasts at the core as we prepared to destroy the city.

A/N: Wow 400 views already?! Man, you guys are really liking this story!

A/N: Anyway hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and stick around for the next chapter. Byye!

A/N 03/17/2023: So this was the chapter when I hit 400 reads? Damn, this has come a long way.