Friend and Family

Start from the beginning

"Ok, I'll see you shortly" I kissed Mouse and climbed over to the driver's seat "Sure you will be ok?" "I drive a fire truck for a living why wouldn't I be ok driving a car?" He shook his head "Ok go to work before Voight blames me for making you late" "Ok don't forget my doughnuts" "I won't or your coffee" I started the car and turned the radio on full blast and started singing to every song that came on.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the car and walked into O'hare. I waited for Lucy where the board says her flight was getting off. I soon saw her walking out "Chen" "Halstead" She walked over to me and we hugged "How was your flight?" We started walking to get her suitcases "It was normal" "Well better than boring" "That is true Halstead" I smiled and Lucy grabbed her suitcases "Let me take one" "I saw your hand" "Ok but erm where we are going you might want to take your gun off" "Oh I have my badge that's the only reason I was allowed on the plane I said it was business and not pleasure" I shook my head "Of course you did" I chuckled "Ok where are you staying?" We walked out to the car "Nowhere yet" "We have a spare bedroom and it's yours" "We?" "Yeah, there's a lot you have missed" "I can tell" I helped Lucy put her bags in the back "Car seat?" "That's on the list you have missed" "Ok then" I got into the car and took my phone out my bag and phoned Mouse "Hey you haven't crashed have you?" "Oh haha can you find out who wants coffee and doughnuts" "No need they will all say yes" "What about Jay 'cause he is Jay?" "Get him his normal they are all out just now" "Ok we will be there soon" "Ok I love you" "Love you too" I turned to Lucy who was looking at me weird "List of things?" I nodded and drove to the coffee shop.

I grabbed my bag and put my phone in it "Coming in?" "Why not" I got out the car "What do you want?" "Same as always" I shook my head "What can I get for you today Katrina?" "Can I get intelligence's normal plus Trudy's normal" "Sure anything else?" "Intelligence's box of doughnuts" "Coming up" Jeff handed me the doughnuts "Can you carry the coffees?" "Sure" I smiled and paid "Thanks Jeff" "No problem tell your brother I said hi" "Will do" I smiled and we walked out to the car. "Wait you have a brother?" I nodded "2 brothers"

"I'll take the coffees this time they will like you better if you take the doughnuts" "Ok then" We walked into the 21st. "Morning Trudy your normal" I handed her the cup of coffee "You are seriously my favourite member of 51 and intelligence" "I'm everyone's favourite" "Want me to buzz you up?" "Nah I should be good" "Ok" I looked at Lucy who was looking around "Lucy this is Desk Sargent Trudy Platt Trudy this is Officer Lucy Chen from Indianapolis but originally LA" I smiled and walked over to the gate and put my hand on the scanner then put my pin in "Best of the best are up here" I smiled and we walked up to the bullpen.
"I got coffee" I smiled and everyone got up and grabbed their coffees. I sat at my desk "Guys this is my best friend from Indianapolis Officer Lucy Chen Lucy this is Officer Adam Ruzek, Officer Kevin Atwater, Officer Kim Burgess, Officer Vanessa Rojas, Detective Jay Halstead, Detective Hailey Upton, Mouse and that is Sargent Hank Voight" I pointed to them as I said their names "And Lucy brought doughnuts" I looked at Ruzek and Atwater "No hitting on her" I looked at Jay "That goes for you as well" "Good to see you love me" I shook my head "I'm not going to answer that" "Why are you not having a coffee" "What's it to do with you?" I smirked "Ok I'll leave this conversation" I looked at Lucy "Feel free to sit down" I looked at the board "No case?" "No case but where's Mya?" "School erm I should say if anything happens to me or Mouse all of you are on the list to pick Mya up all you need it ID" They all nodded "Ok so how's Jackson and Tim?" "Erm Tim's ok and Jackson I haven't spoken to in a couple of day's we've had opposite shifts" "Well I'm off today and tomorrow then I have shift" "Lieutenant?" "Nope, just a nice firefighter who drives a big red truck to fires" They all looked at me "Yes I was a lieutenant before coming to Chicago and yes I gave up my rank to join 51" They all went back to paperwork "Halsteads you have a visitor" "What one?" "Both I believe his last name is also Halstead" "I'll go get him" "Ok have fun" I smiled "So that's?" "My older brother who is away to get my youngest brother because I forgot I had an appointment with him this morning"
"You are in trouble from your doctor" I sighed "He's my younger brother he can easily be in trouble" I smirked and looked at Will "You are so nice" "I know good to see you too" "Hand?" I lifted my hand up "It's fine Will honestly" "And who knows?" "No one in here so shut it" "Ok calm it" "Will this is Officer Lucy Chen my best friend from Indianapolis Lucy this is my little brother Dr Will Halstead" "Why am I getting Dr?" "Because Jay got detective oh and can you babysit your niece for Mouse and I tonight?" "Erm yeah I finish work before you do" "Ok she's at school if you want to pick her up if anything happens to Mouse and I all you have to do is show ID" "Ok but you can pick her up tonight" "Yes we can she can't wait to see her uncle Kelly" "She loves him more than you" I nodded "Don't I know it" "Well I have to get back to work but have fun with paperwork.
"What don't we know?" "Nothing you need to know Ruzek" I smirked "Unlike how you keep things from us and get caught by a 6-year-old" Everyone started laughing "Babe" I looked at Mouse "Mya is crying at school for her uncle JJ" I looked at Jay "Have fun man" "What have you been teaching her?" "To ask for her uncle Jay when someone isn't being nice" "So you can show off your gun and badge?" I looked at Jay seriously "No so you don't have to worry about her during a fire or car crash" I looked down "You know where the school is just take ID" "Want me to pick her up it's nearly the end of the day?" I nodded "Yeah why not" I sighed and looked at the picture of me and her on my desk. I felt arms around my neck "Yes?" I looked up and kissed him "How about we go home I don't have paperwork to do and you aren't here enough to do paperwork" "Wait for Jay to come back with Mya then we can go" "Ok but you need to sleep tonight" "I'm always sleeping" I looked at Lucy then back at Mouse "Lucy is gonna stay in our spare bedroom" "Ok that's fine" I nodded then heard small footsteps.
"MOMMY DADDY" I turned around and Mya flew into my arms and buried her head in my neck "What's wrong sweetie" "The girl wasn't being nice" I kissed her head "Don't worry about her" I rocked her "What was she saying munchkin?" "That my mommy and daddy didn't want me" I kissed her head and moved her so she was sitting on my knee "We love you and you know that yeah?" She nodded "And just because your real mommy and daddy weren't able to look after you properly doesn't mean we don't love you" She moved her head onto my chest "How about we go get a Mcdonalds before we go to uncle Will's" "Yeah?" I nodded "Your going to stay with uncle Will for a bit tonight is that ok?" she nodded and I looked at Jay and shook my head "I love you munchkin" "I love you too mommy" I could feel the tears in my eyes I knew kids could be mean but I didn't think they would be that mean. I kissed her head "Mya this is mommy's best friend Lucy" "Hi Lucy" "Lucy this is my daughter Mya" "Hey Mya" I smiled "Ok baby sister I will see you tomorrow and don't forget you have shift the day after tomorrow" "I know when I have shift I just like to forget" I smirked and handed Mya to Mouse. "Ok let's go" I grabbed my bag and we walked down the stairs and out to the car "I'll sit in the back" "Halstead I'm not letting you" "Chen I will carry you to the front wither my baby brother likes it or not" "Fine" I climbed into the back.
"So you're a normal firefighter now?" I nodded "Yeah it feels good not doing paperwork" "Bet it does" "How long you in Chicago for Lucy" "I haven't decided yet" "You box don't you" "Yeah I stopped a little while ago" "I know someone who could help if you decide to stay for a while" "Yeah?" "Yeah so there's a bar a few firefighters own and we don't have Mya tonight" "I know where you are going" "Is that a yes?" "Of course it's a yes" I put my hand on her shoulder.

W| The 3 HalsteadsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara