After his encounter with Harry, he had wondered why they had both been slightly hostile toward the other. At the party and dinner, even they had been at least civil, and Draco didn't mind Potter anymore really. He had gotten over himself a long time ago at this point, and he was willing to put in the effort to make sure that he wasn't a prick every time he saw or ran into one of Hermione's friends. 

"Really!" Hermione jumped up and threw her arms around Draco. "Thank you, Draco."

Draco kissed her head and smiled at her; Margret was right; he needed to tell her he loved her because he did.

Christmas Day

Draco had spent Christmas eve at Hermione's flat, and when he opened his eyes, he had noticed that she was not in bed with him still. 

"Hermione?" he called out.

"I'm in the kitchen making breakfast," he heard her voice faintly come into the bedroom. He wondered how long she had been up. He walked into the kitchen and kissed her. 

"Happy Christmas Draco," She wrapped her arms around him, and he held her in close. 

"Happy Christmas, Hermione. You could have woken me up, and I would have helped you." 

"I always used to make breakfast for my parents on Christmas when I was little, and I wanted to do it for you."

"Well, everything smells great." He kissed the top of her head and reached past her, and grabbed some of the fruit that was in a bowl on the counter.

"How did you used to spend your Christmases?" 

"Well, normally we would have a formal breakfast, and then my parents would watch me open all of my presents. There would always be a formal dinner with our friends that my parents deemed acceptable."

"So, not much fun?" Hermione frowned and kissed Draco again. She wished that his childhood had been happier.

"That is alright. I am sure this day with top everything."

"Well, dinner at the Burrow will be a drastic change that is for sure," 

"Am I in for some noise?"

"Not some, a lot." 

Draco laughed and helped Hermione carry all of the food that she had prepared to the table, and they continued to talk about past holidays and the traditions that they had grown up with. Hermione went over to the tree that they had put up a few weeks prior and grabbed a small package from under it. Her smile was contagious, and Draco couldn't help but smile back at her.

"I hope you like it," Hermione said shyly as she handed it to Draco. Draco slowly took the wrappings off of the small box and opened it. A smile erupted on his face. He looked up. 

"They are incredible, Hermione. Thank you." He hugged her tightly. He had always wanted cufflinks as a child, but his father always made him wear robes on special occasions. It was proper, of course, or that is what Lucious had always said, so he never had a pair. 

"I am so happy that you like them."

"I am guessing that the rubies were your idea," Draco laughed a little bit. 

"Yes, I hope they are alright."

"They are perfect," 

Draco hugged Hermione for what seemed to both of them a very long time. He was working up the courage to tell her how he felt and was getting nervous about it. He just hoped that she felt the same way.