Chapter 1

" Wake up Lana! You're late for work! WAKE UP!" Mom shouted furiously at me.

She doesn't like it when I slept for too long, she expects me to wake early, like her. After all that nagging, she finally storms out of the room to prepare my breakfast.

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom, with my eyes barely open. After brushing my teeth and taking a hot bath, I went down stairs. The smell of bacon immediately filled my nostrils.

" Hmmm...smells so good," My stomach starts to growl and saliva leaked from the side of my mouth.

Once the plate of bacons are placed after my eyes, I gobbled it because I'm as hungry as a wolf and also, I'm late for work.

I drove to my workplace which is 5 blocks away. As I drove through the city, I thought, what will happen today? I reached my workplace after 10 minutes. I got out of my car and scurry into the building.

Bang!

Oh crap, I thought. I hit into somebody and my documents spilled from my arms. Awkwardly, I squatted down and picked it up, feeling self-conscious.

" My apologies. Here let me help," A guy in a British accent spoke as he picked up my documents one by one.

I look up. To my surprise, I've never seen him here before, so he must be new. I continue to stare at him, as his face is so prepossessing it leaves me mesmerized.

"Lana! Hey! Over here! La! Earth to Lana! Snap out of your daydream!" Someone in a deep voice called out.

I turned to the voice and saw my colleague - Taylor, waving her hands frantically in the air.

" I'm comin'. Just wait a second!" I shouted back.

" Okay! I'll be waiting for you at your desk," Taylor responded.

Only then I realized that I had been staring at the new guy and forgotten everything around me.

When I look up again, he's staring at me, and he's blushing. My face reddens and it's burning hot.

" Hi, my name's Tom. I'm new here. Nice to meet you," Tom grins shyly as he introduces himself.

" Nice to meet you too. I'm Lana by the way. And I'm old here," I replied nervously and Tom chuckled.

Oh. That was the worst joke ever. At least he laughed, I thought.

" Well isn't that a beautiful name," He says smiling politely.

He handed back all my documents gentlemanly and apologize again. I checked my watch and realized I'm very late.

" I gotta run. Bye! See you again!" I said in a shaky and panicky voice.

" Okay. I'll be seeing you again, too. I gue--," I walk in a quick pace and turned into a corner before he even finished the sentence.

After turning, I ran into the ladies washroom. I stood leaning my back to the wall, and smile stupidly at the floor as I replay the whole situation in my mind.

Did he just said my name is beautiful? Oh yes, he did! I thought to myself and smiled blankly again.

I left the washroom and walked down the hall. Not realizing i was skipping and humming like a mad person.

"Lana? Are you okay? You seemed... ecstatic. You weren't like this most of the mornings," Charlie asked curiously as she examines my face.

" Oh it's nothing. I'm just thinking. Bye." I responded and quickly hid my happy feelings.

"I wish I could meet him again," I whispered to myself thoughtfully as I walk down the hallway.

Vote? Thanks!
LOL,
Rachel