"It's your turn to start making lunch!"

Audrey's voice came from the other room, and Piper checked the time on her phone.

12:00

"Okay, do we have anything that needs eating in the cupboards?" She yelled back, listening for a response as she pushed herself to her feet.

"Salad!"

"That wasn't what I asked!"

Silence.

"Salad it is then," Piper muttered under her breath as she made her way to the kitchen. She had her trainers on, the ones she usually wore around the house. They squeaked slightly on the tiled kitchen floor as she entered, and it made her skin crawl slightly.

After looking through the cupboards, she'd made more groups on the counter. 'Needs Eating' 'Food Bank' 'Snacks'. She had admittedly needed to throw away a furry orange from the back of one of the cupboards, and tried to disinfect anything near it.

Once the piles had been sticky-noted, she threw her pen and pile of notes down on the table. Finally, she could make the salad without worrying about how the kitchen could be sorted.

Back in Audrey's room, she was busy clearing out her closet. The clothes had disappeared from the hangers, and had been folded and stacked in an unlabeled cardboard box. I should probably label these before Piper attacks me with a sharpie. Again.

She smiled fondly at the memory of her last day at film school, before she transferred to study hair and makeup.

Flashback

"Audrey! These aren't labelled!" Piper complained, moving one of the boxes to the side so she could get to the bathroom.
"I'll label them in a minute!" She called back, rummaging around for the box cutter. It seemed to have vanished of the face of the Earth.

"They better be."

"Or what? Going to challenge me to a dance battle?" Audrey joked, hinting at her dorm buddy's past as a competitive dancer.

"I'll poke your eye out with a Sharpie!"

They both laughed, but when Piper returned and the hadn't been labelled, she genuinely chased her around with a Sharpie. Terrifying.

Soon, both of them were laughing so hard they had to hold their sides in pain.
"By the way, have you seen the box cutter?"

Piper's smile vanished.

"Yeah, I think so.." She rummaged under the bed for a while, and produced the tool.

"Thanks!" Audrey opened one of the boxes, before realizing that it was the wrong one.

"That's exactly why they need to be labelled!"

End of flashback

Audrey was snatched out of her flashbacks by Piper's cry of pain, followed by the clattering of an object landing on the tiles.

She was there in a flash, to see Piper's hand bleeding onto a towel, and the knife on the floor. Cucumber slices were still on the chopping board, and her flatmate was giving the blade a dirty look.

"Piper, what happened?"

"I knocked the knife off, and caught it by the blade. Stupid reflexes."

"Is it deep?"

"No, I let go again. It caught my palm and fingers, but they'll stop bleeding soon," Piper explained, pulling the towel off to peek at the wound.

"I'll go and get the First Aid kit, see if there's a bandage or something," Audrey offered upon seeing the size of the wound.

"Audrey-"

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind."

Richelle's house

Grace carefully opened the door, and crept inside. She was a Princess Ninja, master of stealth, breaking into the castle to steal the crown jewels so she could be the Queen.

"Woofy? Come in Woofy" She pretended to hiss into a walkie talkie, and grabbed the toy dog from beside her and deepened her voice.

"I am here. Repeat. I am here. There is a guard. I Repeat. There is a guard. Over." Woofy told her. The seven year old nodded.

"You distract her. Repeat. You distract her. Over."

This was the Princess Ninja's most dangerous mission yet.

"Go!" Grace cried, throwing Woofy at a surprised Richelle, and running to grab the picture of a crown.

"Oh!" The blonde woman cried, as a toy dog came flying past her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just Grace, hang on Jacquie." She held a palm up to her phone.

"We've been spotted! Run!!!" The child snatched up the dog and raced out the room.

"Is Finn still in NYC then?" Came Jacquie's voice from down the phone.

"Yeah, he is,"

"And was it Piper who he.."

"Yep," She popped the 'p' trying to follow Grace out of the room so she could keep an eye on her.

"Yeesh. Anyway, talking about couples from TNS, did you hear about Kingston and Lily?"

"No- what is it?"

"Kingston proposed,"

"Really? Oh wow,"

"Everyone was a bit surprised at first I think, but it was on Instagram, and they seem happy so..."

The rest of what was being said got lost in the noise that followed. The was a crash and a small scream, followed by an even louder bang.

There was a heavy bookcase in the other room.

Richelle felt her blood run cold.