Chapter 1

"Can you tell me what you see?" Luke's soft voice startled me. It only startled me because I couldn't see him. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't even find my voice. Swallowing hard against the lump growing in my throat, I waited for the vision to start.

    Soon enough, the blackness faded from behind my eyes. In front of me, there was a field of large weeds. On the edge of the field, there were hills covered with tall trees and orange leaves. A path was cut through the field by tire tracks. The full moon was high above the trees, shinning and illuminating everything in sight.

    "There's a field," I croak, barely audible. "And trees."

    "Do you see anything else?" My brother asks calmly.

    Yes, I wanted to say but couldn't find my voice. Standing in the pathway, there was a man facing away from me.

    "Raina," My name drifted through the night, echoing throughout my head. The voice was soft and sweet, full of emotions.

    As the man started to turn, my vision faded to black again. A dull ache swept through my body, stopping at my heart. Fire radiated through my chest.

    I started to feel Luke rubbing small circles on my back, comforting me. Blinking my eyes quickly, my eyesight came back. I was sitting at the island in our kitchen with Luke to my left.

    Still rubbing my back, he offered me a small smile as he pushed a glass of water towards me. "Was he there?"

    "Yes, he was." I answer honestly, grabbing the glass. This wasn't the first vision I had. The scenery would change, but the man was always there.

    "When are you going to tell Alpha Markus?" My brother asked in a hushed tone.

    "Tell me what?" Our father asked as he entered the kitchen. Luke dropped his hand and looked at me. I glanced at my father. He was casually leaning against the stainless steel refrigerator. His light brown hair was disheveled, like he had just gotten in from a run. His brown eyes darted back and forth between Luke and  I.

    Luke shifted in his seat uneasily. Father knew he would break first, so he left his eyes on him. Luke looked a lot like Father. Luke had a golden brown color for eyes though, whereas Father had dark brown with lighter brown flecks in them.

    Before Luke could say anything, I blurted out the only excuse I could think of. "I'm scared!" I couldn't tell him about the visions just yet. Not until I saw the guy's face.

    "What are you scared about?" Father asked, cocking his head to the side.

    "Finding my mate." I lowered my eyes and prayed to the moon goddess my heartbeat was steady.

    "Oh," Father leaned over the island and rested his hand over mine. "You will find your mate. You are 17 now."

    I had turned 17 six months ago, and I still hadn't found my mate. Honestly, I was beginning to doubt I even had a mate.

    You know he's out there, my wolf piped up. Mentally hushing her, I focused on Father.

    "He's out there." Father smiled, almost repeating my wolf.

    "Alpha Markus," Hunter, Father's beta, stood in the archway, looking alarmed. "You're needed in the office immediately."

    Once Father was gone, Luke pinched my arm. "Why did you lie?"

    I rubbed my arm. "I can't tell him just yet." Luke opened his mouth to talk, but I cut him off. "I'm going for a run."

    Quietly I made my way through the halls to the backdoor, and darted to the woods. Once I was concealed by the forest, I stripped down, shifted, and ran.

**Alpha Markus' P.O.V.**

    "Is he here?" I asked as Hunter, my beta, followed me to my office.

    "Yes, Sir, he is." Hunter sounded nervous. He stalled at the dark mahogany door before pushing it open. Behind the door, perched on my desk sat the Alpha King. The alpha of all alphas.

    "Alpha King, it's a pleasure." I said, holding out my hand.

    "The pleasure is all mine, Alpha Markus." The King grinned. His black hair fell in his bright blue eyes. He stood as tall as me.

    "Have you gotten settled in alright?" I asked.

    "Yes, I have. It's a rather nice room. Beautiful view of the woods." The Alpha King responded and took a seat in my chair.

    The Alpha King was the most powerful being in existence. He wasn't just a werewolf. He was the only vampire-werewolf hybrid.

    "Do you know how long you will be staying?" I ask, nervous as Hunter.

    "I'm not sure yet. Maybe a month." He answered and swiveled his chair to face the woods. He watched as a girl ran into the woods. She had the most beautiful white-blonde hair ever. It reminded him of the moon.

    I glance at Hunter before asking the Alpha King my next question. "Do you think your mate is here?"

    The Alpha King was visiting each territory to find his mate. "I believe she is."

A/N
Tell me if you like it or not? This is my first work, so I am sorry it's so short and all. But yeah, follow me, and comment to me. (:
The terrible picture to the side is of the field. The field is a real place.. I took the picture.
If this first mini chapter is liked, I will add more to it.. so let me know, loves!