Chapter 10

"What did you do to me?" Nikolai's eyes turn black and he growls. I've caught him off guard. Catching an alpha off guard is one of the top reasons for death among werewolves. Part of me wants to run away, but I stand my ground. "Who is he?"

Nikolai blinked a few times, his eyes becoming the icy blue they usually are. "Raina! Don't ever do that again." His heart was racing. It was like I could feel every beat in my own chest.

I pointed at the stranger standing next to him. "He knows what you did to me? And I don't?"

"Wait, wait." The muscular guy threw up his hands and pointed at me. "This is your mate?" The guy's eyes went wide. "Wow, she does look like the moon." Nikolai and the guy exchanged looks. Nikolai's eyes went black again, only this time, there was a small ring of ice blue.

Nikolai growled, baring his teeth. "Leave." Something must have been said between mind link. The other guy smirked and turned towards the door, exiting with a middle finger extended for Nikolai.

The big bad wolf was huffing and puffing, and at the moment I thought he was going to blow the house down. He turned and punched a wall. The wall cracked and crumbled to the floor where his fist was. "Fuck!"

I backed up into the wall as he turned his black and ice blue gaze on me. He steadied his breathing and blinked away the black, but his eyes stayed his usual frosty blue. "Raina," He took a step towards me. A small whimper left my throat and he stopped moving. He sighed and looked at the ground. Stepping around me, he shut the door quietly. As he sat on the bed, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "There is so much I have to tell you. You're going to hate me. I hate me for not telling you before." He glanced up at me. His eyes shifted to his hands that he clasped in his lap. "I'm not going to hurt you. You know that, right?"

I bit my lip and stepped away from the wall. I took one step and stopped. "Why are your eyes like that? I've never seen anyone's eyes turn black and a color. I haven't even seen someone's colors change like that. They're ice blue now."

"I know." Nikolai sighed again and rubbed the back of his neck. "It's my curse. My curse that I passed on to you. I didn't think of it." Groaning, he laid back on his bed. "We should have discussed it before completing the bond."

"A curse that changes your eyes?" I ask quietly. I don't exactly understand what was so bad about that. It was pretty cool. It looked nice on him, but scary. Mostly scary. Vivienne mentioned that my eyes looked different.

"That's not it. My eyes change color because," groaning, he rubs his forehead. "I'm a hybrid."

My heart stopped. There was only one hybrid. It was all folklore that werewolf parents told their pups before bed. It was more of a scary story that frightened wolves. "There is only one hybrid and the Alpha King is a myth. Stories that parents tell their children to whip them into shape." Was he crazy? He couldn't be the Alpha King. He wasn't cruel. The Alpha King was. He killed countless wolves, rogues or not. He killed humans.

"I am the Alpha King. The King of Alphas." Nikolai covered his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before I marked you."

I almost laughed, but I could feel it. The bond told me he wasn't lying. I crumbled to the floor, like the wall Nikolai had destroyed. "No," If he was a hybrid, that made me a hybrid. Exchanging blood with a hybrid was a damning situation. There were werewolves that would drink vampire blood to try to become a hybrid to no avail. They would just end up sick and rotting from the inside. Hybrids were the fastest, strongest, and rarest creatures. There were stories about more when I was little. But as the stories went, the Alpha King wiped them out, becoming the King of Alphas.

"It's why you're so hungry. Food isn't doing it. It helps a little, but you're hungry for something you can't put together in the kitchen. The sun hurts your eyes. You have crazy mood swings and strong emotions. You run faster than before. You could also probably win in a fight against anyone in this pack." Nikolai kneeled in front of me. His soft hand reached out and brushed a tear, that I didn't know I had, away. "I am so sorry, my luna."

I was so hurt. My hurt became anger. I punched him as hard as I could in the jaw. Pain radiated through my hand and my own jaw. I pulled back and held my jaw, rubbing at the goat pain that reverberated through the bond. Nikolai gingerly touched his jaw. "Raina, please."

Pushing myself off the floor, I walked straight to the door. Slamming it behind me, I stormed out of the house and into the woods. I stripped down and shifted. My wolf cheered to be let free and took off into the night.

DOUBLE UPDATE?! You're welcome. I hope everyone is enjoying it. Sorry for any grammatical errors. Keep your eyes open! Next update soooooon. Love you guys, my little pups. Vote, comment, follow.