𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Start from the beginning

Although she was reluctant not to cause too much trouble, she couldn't stop herself from imagining the cured Leona Kingscholar that she had planted in her mind if her series and courses of actions were to bear the sweetest fruit. Her lips curled into a ghost of a smile as her amber eyes burned in a waltz of paroxysm.

—But I'm still not going to rule that possibility out~ ♪

🌻

"He hasn't come out of his room for more than a day besides when he goes to the bathroom at night...but he keeps asking for sticky notes and paper to be slid under the door otherwise."

Yuu cuddled her legs as she sat in front of Mira's room. It was a breezy afternoon and Ace had decided to visit the Ramshackle dorm for the millionth time. She was still clad in her school uniform, the only person who wore an ash grey vest and no armband. Unlike Mira who only wore the button-down long-sleeve shirt with the ends rolled up to her elbows, Yuu was brought up to become strict on her uniform ever since she was little.

"Hm? What makes you think he comes out to go to the bathroom? If you were sleeping and all, he probably uses the notes and paper as his toilet paper supply!" Ace snickered before knocking on the door. "Heeey, open up, Amir-paisen! Geez, did something happen the other day?"

"W-Well...he's having a self-reflection moment..."

"That takes him more than a day!? Just what the heck did he do?"

Of course, Yuu couldn't possibly reveal the contents of their conversation from that day; especially when the mother and daughter had told her not to. She rolled her neck before standing up, hearing her back crack in the process. Yuu had rested her body in the same position for minutes, yet it felt like hours trying to convince Mira to open the door to see how she was doing. After the shocking pain that her dormmate had received from Yuu's comment about her past, perhaps she was angry with her for realising so; or maybe she was curious to figure out more.

"Wait? What are you here for again?" Yuu tilted her head to his direction before Ace tensed up. He still wasn't used to the Prefect's pretty girl-face that had always caught his attention, also taking into account that she was always kind and accepting even when he had tried to run away from cleaning 100 windows. He wondered if everyone was like that in her world.

"J-Just to kill time?" He replied in an unsure tone. She hummed in understanding before making her way to the lounge. Ace followed suit, yet he looked behind him to see the door still unopen. She still needed to talk to someone about her discussion with the headmaster from the other day when they were out playing Magical Shift, especially since Mira herself wasn't aware of the situation that she was in. Yuu knew she was a professional at the game, which meant that if she had decided to participate with Diasomnia, then she would be prone to more danger.

"That reminds me, Ace, we need to talk about something."

"Hm?"

"The increasing number of students getting injured in suspicious accidents," she stated as she brought a finger to her chin in thought. "The headmaster had told Grim and me to investigate it, but we don't really know where to start. He said that ten people had already gotten injured, none of them being severe, but perhaps they could all be foul play. W-Well, so we investigated during school today..."

"Ah! No wonder you guys looked so suspicious!" Ace widened his mouth in realisation, pointing to them both. 

Grim cringed in return of his reaction, then placed his paws to his hips. "What if Yuu's the one reading too far? To me, it all just sounds like they were clumsy or got caught up in the excitement for the tournament."