❝in like❞ || ꜱ. ʀɪɴᴛᴀʀᴏᴜ

Start from the beginning

"what are you doin', it's rude to peep at someone while they're doin' stuff ya know"

"oh, sorry"

"..."

"..."

"come on, either come in or leave. Don't just, stand there and continue peeping at me, ya weirdo", (Y/N) said, deadpanning at the taller male, "so, why are you here?"

"I hea... unds", Suna mumbled, putting both his hands behind him, there was no doubt he was playing with his fingers.

"what? speak up, I don't bite, no need to be scared of me", (Y/N) said, readjusting the harp's centre of gravity to the checkered floor.

"I h-heard music s... sounds"

"music sounds?", (Y/N) thought to herself, finding herself to be interested in the shy boy. She almost wanted to chuckle at Suna's words, "music sounds? really? music sounds".

"do you wanna learn the harp? It's pretty easy once you've gotten the hang of the note's positionin'"

A simple nod caused a light-hearted chuckle to spill out of (Y/N)'s mouth, standing up as she patted her skirt. She patted the wooden chair and signalled Suna to come to sit, snorting slightly at his stiff movements.

"now, gently place the harp on ya left shoulder"

Suna did as he told, but being the inexperienced player he is, his hand slipped and instead of resting it on his shoulder, the wood collided with the poor middle blocker's forehead. A loud "tonk" sound echoed in the music room, followed by laughter. 

(Y/N) laughed so hard she cried while the male teared up, rubbing the bruised spot on his forehead. She knelt on the ground, hugging her knees as she laughed, tears forming on the corner of her eyes. 

"pfft-I said hahaha! I said gently! ya idiot, look at ya now, ya have a big ass b-bruise on yer forehead pfft! I-I'm sorry for hahaha! for laughin', not really but, pfft!"

(Y/N) finally stood up, cupping Suna's cheeks with one hand and another massaging the red spot on his forehead, whispering "there, there" while doing so.

"so, what's yer name? What class ya in?"

"S-Suna... Suna Rintarou, class 1-4"

"Ohh! a fellow underclassman! I'm (Y/LN)(Y/N), ya can call me by my last name, I'm from class 2-5"

"right... Nice to meet ya (Y/LN)-senpai"

————————————

A year and a half have passed since the incident, it was the end of the second semester. (Y/N) had about a week before graduating her middle school life and Suna was going to be promoted to a second year. 

Though not much has changed after that, they did get to know each other more, whether it was staying after at school for Suna's private harp lessons or walking to school together, or even occasionally eating lunch together. Needless to say, they hung out a lot, got to know each other a lot, and they sure as hell liked each other a lot. 

The way (Y/N) would put her hand on top of his when she'd teach him new finger positions, gripping them slightly and whispering the notes in his ear would always make his heart go haywire. His ears would always be dusted with crimson when she'd call him just "Suna", she even called him "Rin-kun" once, only for the male to scold her, saying it was "gross" and "childish" to mask his embarrassment,

Maybe it was because of her being the first female in his life to talk to him and actually get to know him? Or maybe it was her caring about him, asking him about his day when no one cared. How she'd buy him drinks after his volleyball practice because she somehow knew he just finished his bottle of sports drink. With (Y/N) graduating in a few days, he only had so much time to tell her about his feelings for her.