2. The Party

I wake up about 45 minutes later, completely satisfied with the way my dream ended, but still not ready to get up and go to a party. As I'm about to get up and slowly get dressed, music starts blaring from the Kappa house across the street. I realize I should definitely start getting ready so that I can quickly make an appearance for Lyla and then leave just as quickly. I take a quick look outside the window and see crowds of people piling in through the Kappa's front door, pushing each other so they're not stuck in the cold breeze of the outside. Or maybe they're just that excited to get in and get drunk out of their minds and have fun. The thought sounds welcoming, but I'm pretty sure drinking isn't the greatest idea for me, or any of the Omega's tonight. They all have to keep our distance from the Kappas, and I'm sure it'll be much harder to do when they're drunk out of their minds. Although, they don't know they're being watched, which puts them at a disadvantage I guess.

When I start to stand up, finally convincing myself I need to get ready, the door is shoved open and a disheveled looking girl comes crashing in. She basically throws her suitcase to the side as soon as she's entered the room, and she bends down, placing her hands on her knees so she can breathe properly. I'm not sure if I should say anything or not, but I decide to wait until she was breathing normally.

She was super tan and her hair was a dirty blonde, with streaks of lighter blonde flowing through her hair in a bunch of random places. I can't tell if they're highlighted or just natural, I make a mental note to maybe ask her later on, if we get along well enough. It feels weird to think, but her body is literally perfect. She's thin, but not so thin she looks sickly. Since she's wearing a crop top I can see her 6 pack and I'm isntantly jealous as fuck. As a girl it's extremely hard to get a 6 pack, and even harder to keep it.

After a few seconds she returns to a normal standing position, and as soon as she does we make really awkward eye contact.

"Oh, hello," she squeaks out, still partly out of breath. "Sorry, I didn't know you were in here. I was feeling a little... overwhelmed out there."

"You meet Alexis?" I ask, the corners of my mouth turning into a smile. She lets out an exasperated laugh and nods her head.

"Is it that obvious?" We both playfully laugh and she takes a seat opposite me on the other bed, not caring to pick up her dropped suitcases. "I'm Sarah, Sarah Hymen."

"I'm Hayley Evans," I tell her as we shake hands. "Where are you from?"

"Palm Beach, Florida," she says, smiling and tilting her head. That explains her tan and her hawaiian style crop top. Everything about her screams Florida, now that I thought about it.

"Lucky! I love it there." I do too. My family and I have traveled to Florida at least once a year since my brother was born. It was basically the only place we ever traveled too, other than Maine, and that was partly because of me and my desire to not go anywhere else. Florida was my safe place, my way to get away from school and the cold winters of Massachusetts and all the stress that came with both. This year I couldn't go, since it was my first year of college and all and the tuition alone was enough to pay for at least two vacations.

"It's nice, but I'm excited to get away from the brutal sun. I haven't seen snow since I was like 10," she tells me. I laugh at her excitement for snow, when it was the reason I loved getting away from New England.

"Trust me, one snow in your life is the way to go. Winters in Maine get very annoying, you'll see," I warn her.

"You from around here?"

"I'm from Massachusetts, which is basically the same as Maine." She opens her mouth to reply, but as she does a scream erupts from across the street. It's not so much a scream as a cheer actually. Both of our heads snap to the right and stare out the window at the Kappa house as it shakes from all the people inside. Bright colored lights shoot out the windows into the sky.