Chapter 5

(??? P.O.V)

"Drew Martinez, the 17 year-old boy who went missing late Saturday night, was found this morning, dead-"

I grabbed the remote and turned the t.v. off. I stood up from the couch and grabbed the pictures of Ash off the coffee table. I then went upstairs to my bedroom. I taped the pictures on one of the walls, then stepped back to admire my work. Soon this won't be my room anymore.

I went over to the bed and sat down. I looked over at the nightstand and saw my favorite picture of Ash. I love all the other ones, but this one was the best, it was worthy of putting in a frame. It was of Ash on his sixteenth birthday. He had the biggest smile on his face. Just looking at the photo brought back the memory of when I first saw him. It was six years ago. I was twelve years old at the time, he was ten.

~Flashback~

I was at the park sitting at a big oak tree. Neither of my parents were home. They were never home. They always work late and never had time for me.

I was contemplating whether I should leave or not when I saw him. A boy, about the age of ten, was running around chasing a girl whom I assume is his sister. He had long brown hair and the most beautiful grey eyes I've ever seen. His skin was flawless and his smile was brighter than the sun. His voice soft, yet angelic.

~End~

It was at that moment I realized that I wanted him. No, I needed him. More than anything. And nothing was going to get in my way.

~Flash back 3 years ago~

I watched as the black Camaro pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street. I've been watching Ash for 3 years now, but I rarely see him. But thanks to my cousin I have a better way. This time I'll be able to see him 24/7.

I casually walk up to the door and take out a bobby pin from my pocket. Inserting it in the keyhole, I pick the lock and walk inside the house. As I walk into the living room, I set my duffle bag on the couch, opening it, revealing small spy cameras.

I put them in as many places as I can, especially in his room. After all the cameras were in place, I made sure everything was in its place so I won't raise any suspicions and quickly leave the house, locking the door behind me, and heading home.

A year later

Ash is now attending my school. I finally get to observe him in school, but there is a drawback. Ash is a freshman, whereas I am a senior- I skipped three grades, I was a genius. I wouldn't be able to see him a lot except for lunch and some afternoon classes.

No, I don't have any classes with him. Seniors can choose to get late arrival- you can come to school late- or early release- you can leave school earlier than usual. I chose early release. At the time when the students who have early release are supposed to leave, I go to the security room of the school. And since that room is filled with cameras and I have a copy of Ash's schedule, I can watch my beautiful little angel as much as I please.

One day as I was sitting at one of the lunch tables outside, I saw a group of kids crowding around another kid. Usually I would ignore this kind of situation. Once I saw his face, though, I was beyond angry. Words could not describe how I felt. I got up from my lunch table and stormed over to the group of boys, and beat the shit out of all of them. I then carried Ash's unconscious body to the nurse's office and left school.

~End~

I pick up the photo, bring it to my lips and kiss it gently as if it were really Ash.

"Soon, my Angel," I whisper. "We'll be together real soon."