T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

It was a very fun day. After breakfast, we all got ready and took some pictures in front of the birthday decorations. We went to the frat house so the girls could get ample amounts of attention (especially Corinna, who was looking for a boy to have birthday sex with). As boys filtered in and out of the house, they took shots and partied and promised they'd be even more fun tonight at their Delt house birthday party.

Lydia and Simon called to wish the girls twentieth birthday, then she venmoed me fifty dollars to "get them hammered". We used the fifty to order a pizza for lunch and sent David on the mission of buying White Claws because they didn't want to puke yet and couldn't stomach hard liquor at one in the afternoon.

We went to Olive Garden drunk off our asses, got terrible looks from old people around us, and laughed about it.

"This is an Olive Garden, not a fucking Luciano's," Todd joked as we once again got too loud. I figured David would stop us, since he was sober, but he just laughed along with us. He was happy that we were happy. (Luciano's, by the way, was a very fancy Italian restaurant in our nearest big city. Todd did not think Olive Garden compared. It didn't.)

The party at the Delt house was, in one word, disastrous. For starters, it was only a Wednesday, and some of the boys that didn't like Corinna too much were not very happy that we were partying on a school night. It was definitely less crowded than a normal Friday night party, but there was still an ample amount of people crowding the living room.

I wasn't super drunk since I still wasn't a huge drinker, but Natalie and Corinna were off their rockers. I was taking one of them upstairs to puke every thirty or so minutes, but as soon as they were cleaned up, they'd be back downstairs, taking more shots. Puke and rally, I guess, but they were rallying a little too hard.

It was well past midnight when I found Corinna on top of a couch, shirt long gone, on top of Jeff. She would never remember that I cut her off, so I did. I pulled her back to talk to Jeff, who was very drunk but nowhere near Corinna's level. She slumped back against my body, unable to hold herself up. I said, "Can you please take her upstairs to sleep? I know it's her birthday, but I think she's done for the night."

"Yeah, I'll take care of her," he said, in a not creepy way (though the words themselves could be taken in a creepy way). "I think she fell asleep on me, like, thirty minutes ago, but I didn't want to move her."

"Just make sure she stays on her side, yeah? I don't want her to choke on her own puke and die."

It was my biggest fear at this point, after seeing how hard the two girls were partying. At least Natalie had someone to watch over her.

"I won't let her die on us, Evan," he laughed, struggling to get up with her passed out body on him. I helped the best I could, lifting up her torso so he didn't have as much deadweight on him. "You've been a good friend tonight. Go have fun."

I smiled at him and nodded, sighing in relief as I saw them heading up the steps to Jeff's room. At least she found someone to spend the night with, even if there was no birthday sex going on.

"You done with Jeff?" David asked, and I raised my eyebrows at him. I could tell he was joking, but I couldn't help but feel he was a little bit serious.

"I was making sure Corinna didn't die."

"I know," he kissed me to prove a point. To who, I don't know, because Jeff was long gone and none of the other boys saw me as anything other than a friend. Not even Jeff saw me as anything other than a friend, but that thought didn't really fit into David's brain. "Are you ready to go sleep?"

"Is Natalie still down here?"

"Todd's got her. We could smoke first, though, if you want to make sure she's good."

"Yeah, let's go smoke. Go get your bowl. I'll meet you outside!"

David and I were outside long enough for Natalie to reach the end of her night. Todd carried her upstairs over his shoulder, her passed out body flopping around with each step.

It was a solid birthday. I was glad to be apart of it. I was so thankful that I had met them, I realized, that night sitting by the fire. Without them, I was sure I would've had the worst freshman year of my life. They made college a thing worth doing. They made life a thing worth doing. I'd always be thankful for that.

So im the worst vs stan and i just realized that corinna and natalies bdays are on the same day..... and i needed some filler........ so their bdays are later than they actually are bc december is LONG GONE but heres a bday chap :)) i love making people party (pretending its me blacked out on top of jeff LMAO)

Vote and comment my loves

Xoxo abby