XIII.

DADDY ISSUES
- THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

DADDY ISSUES - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

"mr and mrs jacobs, thank you for getting here so quickly. it appears that your son and miss perez, possibly your daughter as well, had a physical altercation on saturday night where he allegedly strangled miss perez."

"what?" martha spoke in disbelief, yet cal's demeanor easily didn't find the allegation to seem out of sorts, especially if lydia was involved.

"there are multiple eye witnesses. miss perez has extensive bruising and the family will be pressing charges."

"and lydia? what does she have to do with any of this?" martha questioned the officers, her features contorted as she spoke.

"because of— past situations, along with the bruising your daughter also shows, it's mandatory we look into it as well."

"there must be some misunderstanding. this doesn't sound like our son." cal remained contained in front of the officers in sake of nate, yet the thoughts crossing his mind said otherwise. "i would like to speak with the perez family."

"actually, mr jacobs, i believe it'd be best for you two to speak with your kids before we take them to the station."

"i'll handle lydia." martha nodded towards her husband, following the officers direction of the room lydia resided in while cal went to speak with nate.

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

"of course."

lydia tilted her head back dramatically at the sight of her mother, a humorless laugh tumbling from her lips a moment later.

"let me see." martha took the seat beside her daughter, glancing towards her wrists that remained covered by the oversized jacket.

"you saw them already, remember?" lydia pulled her sleeves up with much more force than was necessary, conjuring the moment she'd returned home when her mother had asked about the bruising. "but you don't care until law enforcement is involved. until he is going to get in trouble! you don't care about me!"

"lower your voice." martha glanced to the door she'd walked through, taking notice to the officer who'd glanced into the room. "you weren't in the right state of mind that night, sweetie. your brother would never hurt you, you know that."

"fuck you." lydia slammed her fist against the table before she forced the chair out from beneath her as she stood to her feet.