Calm Before The Storm

It was a bright winter evening and the snow was slowly falling down from the sky, gliding in the wind, then drifting to the ground. A certain couple was taking a stroll down the sidewalk, heading for the park.

     "Its freezing...." Mafuyu stated, hugging himself to keep warm. He hadn't brought a jacket that had a hood, so he was left with no coverage for his head. Therefore leaving his hair exposed and ready to catch snowflakes. Already half of his head was covered with little white specs that slowly melted and wetted his brownish orange locks.

"It was your idea to come here at night!" Uenoyama chuckled and ruffled Sato's hair, earning a few giggles out of the other. He was wearing two jackets because of how cold it was, so he took one off and put it on Mafuyu before putting the hood up so the long soft hair would no longer get wet.

     "Next time, wear a thicker jacket," his smile was warm like a fireplace which was appropriate because of the freezing tempurature that they were surrounded by. That smile may not warm anyone physically, but it's enough to melt their hearts. Especially Mafuyu's heart.

Sato's usual straight and emotionless expression turned to one of happiness. His soft, bright lips curved into a bright smile and he pecked Ritsuka on the cheek before giving him a right hug. "Are you sure you want me to wear this? Now you only have a hoodie,"

Though his teeth were already chattering, the ravenette nodded and hugged him as he felt his face flush with a red color. "I'm sure... I can deal with the cold.." He then started walking again, keeping his arm around the other.

     Soon, they arrived at the park and Uenoyama was still smiling despite being soaking wet from all the snow. Mafuyu wiped the cold fluffy powder off a park bench before sitting down. "This is my first time coming to watch all the snow..." The starry eyed male stated as he watched all the ice crystals fall.

     Ritsuka never fully understood why all Mafuyu's 'firsts' were so important to him. But he didn't know all the specifics of what Sato and Yuki did together, and how their relationship was full of 'firsts'. And he didn't know about how much the other missed out on because of his childhood full of abuse.

      "Now that I think of it... I've never properly come to watch snow either... so we get to have this first experience together..." Ritsuka smiled and placed a hand on the other's cold cheek before blushing and giving him a soft kiss on his lips.

     The sudden kiss caused Mafuyu to gasp slightly, but then he smiled as his face turned red. "I was hoping that one day we would get to have a first together. This is the perfect one," he leaned his head on Uenoyama's shoulder with a small yawn as he continued to look at all the snow. It entertained him more than he thought it would, and it made him think of all the different directions and turns that life can take. Just like how the crystals of ice blow in the breeze and can change their course at any second.

     A small chuckled escaped from the ravenette's mouth as he watched the snow as well. He didn't find it as captivating as Sato, and he was so cold that his arms went numb, but he was happy, and he honestly didn't care what was happening as long as Sato is happy.

After a few minutes, Ritsuka was shivering so much that Mafuyu could feel him shaking violently. He hugged him and stood up. "Uenoyama-Kun? Let's go... I don't want you to catch a cold... take your jacket back and put it on..." He truly felt bad for not noticing sooner. "I'll walk you home okay? I know you normally walk me to my house... But I'll walk you to yours this time..." 

Uenoyama nodded and stood up. "I'll let you walk me... But keep the coat... you can just give it back at school tomorrow..." He hugged himself and started walking as he shivered.

"Uenoyama-Kun... I'm not letting you freeze out here... I'll be fine with just my own jacket.."

"No. You'll be cold without mine. So just keep it on,"

"You're sure? Alright... thank you.."

They started walking to Ritsuka's house and when they got there Uenoyama rushed to the door before opening it and basically collapsing to the ground from relief. He took off his wet hoodie before heading to his room to grab a dry one. Mafuyu stayed in the doorway and quietly scanned his surroundings before staring off into space.

Ritsuka walked back out of his room when he realized that Sato hadn't followed him, and he took his hand. "Aren't you going to come in? We can hang out in my room for a while. Mom and dad aren't home so we just have to make sure my sister doesn't think we're up to something because we really aren't," he chuckled and shook his head. "She gets the wrong idea a lot. She just assumes I'm always getting into trouble," he shrugged and led Mafuyu to his room.

"Are you sure I should come in?" Mafuyu asked as he was dragged to the room. "I'm getting pretty tired..." He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah. I'll walk you home in like... fifteen minutes... I just wanted you to see my room. And help me warm up a bit..." He blushed and let go of Mafuyu as he partially closed the door to his room. He left it open just a crack to make sure that his sister knew nothing was suspicious.

Ritsuka yawned as well and he laid down on his bed, leaving enough room for Mafuyu if he wanted to join him. "U-uh... y-you can come cuddle if you w-want.... It would help me get warm..."

Sato smiled and nodded as he took off the coat and crawled into the bed. He nuzzled his face into the other's chest and hugged him softly. He had missed getting these kinds of warm embraces after Yuki passed, and it felt wonderful to finally have them back.

Uenoyama wrapped both his arms around Mafuyu, and being the type of people who could go to sleep literally anywhere, they were dozing off within five minutes. The light was still on, and they weren't even in pajamas, but that didn't stop them from getting the rest they both needed.

A/N:
Hey everyone!! This is my first story on here so I'm rlly excited to post it!!
Time taken:
Around two hours
Word count:
1,098 (not counting the a/n)
Well I hope you are all safe and healthy!! Bye!

Emma~