special chapter

Mark POV

Standing at the door way, Haechan and Donghyuck are both staring at me.

"Is this real? Mark? Is that you?" He asks while tears stream down his face.

"Dada, who's that?" Haechan asked as his eyes sparkle.

"Haechan go upstairs for a second let me and this man talk okay? We'll leave later." Donghyuck gave Haechan a little push to the stairway and wiping his tears.

"Mark what are you doing here." He said while looking anywhere but me.

"Love please let me explain why I left." I pleaded.

"It better be a good explanation then." He stated while leading me to the living room.

I sat on the couch with him with some sort of distance between us. I fiddled with my fingers as I didn't know what to start with.

"Love no sorry I mean Donghyuck, I'm really sorry for leaving you with no explanation at all. I have no excuse and I really don't expect you to forgive me. It was just hard to process the fact I had a child with you. I'm not saying that I didn't want Haechan oh hell no, I was just so scared about being a father and how I may not be good enough for the both of you. Leaving you both was such a regret I have and I felt so guilty leaving you. I left you all alone with our child for almost 3 years. Me being the coward I am didn't do shit did I? I can't imagine taking care of a child for so long alone and I give you so much props. Thank you for raising him to be the cheerful little child he is." I explained. At this point, I was completely sobbing.

Not bothering to look up, all I did was stare at my lap and let my tears just stream down my eyes. I'm not expecting him to forgive me, I just wanted to explain. I get it, I'm a complete jerk for leaving the person I love and our child.

"Wipe those tears away Mark and stand up." Donghyuck said with a blank expression.

This is it, I'm getting kicked out. What I expected finally became a reality. I weakly stand up and wipe the tears that came out my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. I lift my head up to see Donghyuck's back. Which is a sign for him to follow him to the door. We start walking to the door and instead of him opening the door he made a sharp turn to the left, leading to a stairway.

"Come this way." He signaled me to start going up the stairs.

We start walking through the halls and make an abrupt stop to a door that was wide open. The walls of the room was plastered with a pastel blue type of paint. He sat on the bed that had a little boy sitting on it.

"Dada who that man?" The child pointed at me.

"Hey sir stop crying it bad." He started to walk towards me.

He started to motion me to crouch and so that's what I did. His little hands reach my cheeks and wiped the tears that stained my face.

"Be quiet don't cry." He said

I chuckled at the statement as it reminded me of a certain someone. I move my eyes to Donghyuck who was staring at Haechan and I. Haechan and I started to walk towards his bed and he ran to hug his dada.

"Mark come closer." Donghyuck said while he put Haechan on his lap.

I move closer to him but still not closing the gap between us. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and pulled my arm to finally be sitting beside him.

"Haechan this man is dada's soulmate." He told Haechan.

My eyes shot open and looked at him. I can't believe he still referred to me as his soulmate.