Chapter 7

"Stared in the mirror and punched it to shattersCollected the pieces and picked out a daggerI've pinched my skin in between my two fingersAnd wished I could cut some parts off with some scissors"

Collected the pieces and picked out a dagger
I've pinched my skin in between my two fingers
And wished I could cut some parts off with some scissors"

"Stared in the mirror and punched it to shattersCollected the pieces and picked out a daggerI've pinched my skin in between my two fingersAnd wished I could cut some parts off with some scissors"

When I opened my eyes, I was standing on a field.

I knew that I fell asleep, but this dream just felt so real. I looked around to see where I was, and I gasped."No, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening!"

I was on Half-Blood Hill. The last battle my friends ever fought was happening in front of my eyes and I was forced to watch it. 

I watched as they all fell in battle: Frank's firewood was burnt to a crisp when a Laestrygonian threw a bronze dodgeball at him; Hazel died protecting Frank's corpse; Jason was impaled with a spear from behind; Piper was killed when a cyclops caught her by surprise and Leo got shot down from the sky by a wild centaur.

The last death was...no.

"Get me out of this dream! I don't want to watch this!" I fell to my knees, sobbing.

Annabeth lasted the longest, but her hubris got the best of her. She went straight to Gaea, even when I told her not to. I watched, paralyzed, as Gaea grabbed her and snapped her neck.

Then the dream changed.

I was not on the battlefield anymore, but in a coffee shop. I was sitting at the bar, sipping my coffee, seemingly waiting for someone. The coffee shop's door opened and three people came in: Red Hood, Jason and...Annabeth.

They all went straight to me. 

"Hey, Seaweed Brain, ready for our date?" Annabeth asked.

"Whoa, your date?" Jason asked. "It's mine an Percy's!"

"No, I'm pretty sure it's mine." Red Hood commented.

They all started arguing, until they turned to me. 

"Did you cheat on me?" Annabeth asked, livid.

"Wha--" I started.

"You lied to me!" Jason said.