It was... it was just too long and Draco did not know what to do.

"Err...may we sit?" she tentatively asked.

Her voice had snapped him off from his reverie as he awkwardly pointed at the couch opposite him. Granger dried both herself and the young girl, before journeying towards the offered couch. The redhead kept her big, sparkling blue eyes glued on him as her mother carried her to their seat.

Granger settled down and placed the child beside her. The little girl surveyed the room with rapt attention, and Draco could not keep his eyes off her. She looked eerily like the brunette sitting beside her. It was no doubt that she was Hermione's. The hair and eyes were trademarks of a Weasley, of course.

'Of course,' he thought, involuntarily sneering as he thought of Ron Weasley. Hermione got pregnant with the Weasel's child at the height of Voldemort's terror. They were amidst a war, desperate actions were bound to happen, but the two were clearly in love. Draco heard that they got married almost a month after Voldemort's defeat. Not that he cared, really. He never saw a glimpse of their child, however. Grimmauld Place was no place for an infant so he assumed she was sent somewhere away from the epicenter of chaos.

Hermione then cleared her throat, snapping him off yet again. His high cheekbones colored a little, realizing he had been staring too much.

"Mama, look," a soft, voice of a child filled the awkwardly silent room as she pointed at a small figurine of a Quidditch player on the table. "Birch! Tornadoes, Mama, look!"

Draco tried to suppress a smirk. Granger was notoriously uninterested in Quidditch. During their missions, they forged an acquaintance somehow to save each others lives when the need arose, and he perfectly remembered that she was clueless of the sport. Clearly, the girl did not inherit her mother's Quidditch disinterest.

"Hush now, Rose," Hermione said with a warning glance, grasping the child's overly excited hands. "What did I tell you before coming here?"

The child, Rose, looked ashamed and slumped back on her seat. "Sorry, Mama, I promised to be good," she whispered.

Her mother warmly smiled. "Good girl."

Draco cleared his throat, drawing Hermione's attention. "Would you like something to drink?" he amiably asked.

Hermione looked conflicted for a while, before curtly nodding in reply. "Tea will be all right," she said. She shot a look at her daughter and then frowned. "I don't mean to impose but may I request for some hot cocoa too? It was terribly cold outside. I don't want Rose to catch a cold."

Upon the mention of 'hot cocoa', Rose perked up. "With marshmallows on the top?" she hopefully asked.

Hermione sheepishly smiled at Draco. "With marshmallows on the top, yes?" she added.

Draco curtly nodded his head. "Tippy!" he called. The house-elf appeared at once.

"Master Draco called for Tippy?"

"Yes," he replied. "Bring some tea for Miss Granger and myself. And some hot cocoa for the girl."

"Don't forget the marshmallows, Mister!" Rose exclaimed.

"Rosie."

"Sorry, Mama," the girl quickly added with a toothy grin. "May I please have some marshmallows? Thank you."

Draco snorted. Trust Granger to raise a child with impeccable manners. The said witch gave him a small glare, which he returned with a smirk.

As his house-elf disappeared to prepare for the drinks, Draco draped an arm around his armchair and expectantly looked at his visitors. "Well?" he prompted, raising an eyebrow.