2. A trip to The Castle

As soon as she came home, very excited, she read the letter to her family.

"What do you think?"

Cordelia asked with joy.

"DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! FIGHTING IN WARS IS FOR MEN! YOU ARE A YOUNG GIRL! YOU ACT LIKE A BOY! GET THAT SILLY IDEA OF YOU FIGHTING IN A WAR OUT OF YOUR HEAD! YOU NEED TO STAY HERE AND LEARN THE ROLES OF A PROPER WOMAN. GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO STAY AT HOME AND DO THE HOUSEHOLD CHORES WHILE THE MEN FIGHT IN THE WARS!"

Mother June screamed!

"Excuse me?! I know I'm a woman, but that shouldn't stop me from doing things that men can. This isn't fair. Why can't any woman do the things that boys can? You already teach me the things that women need to know. It should be up to the girls what they want to do!"

Cordelia argued.

"Ugh. I'm tired of lying. The reason I'm saying no is because I know you have a good heart. You look after your family, you care about our village, and I know you want to protect the village. Your father and I don't want you to end up like, what was her name again? Ah yes, Joan Of Arc. You're a lady, and you shouldn't go out there and get hurt by men. Queen Natasha's men are merciless, especially her son Emilio. Stay away from that boy."

Mother June said with worry.

"But mother! Please! I really want to-..."

"NO! It's just not happening alright? Don't chat back to me young lady! Go have a shower, and then get already for bed, you've had enough fun for today."

She scolded again.

That night Cordelia tried to sleep, but her brain just wouldn't let her! She knew she had a role to fulfill and that was to save her village. So she quickly climbed out of bed, put her dress and boots on, grabbed her hooded cape, wrapped her blue scarf around her neck, she put her black fingerless gloves.

What was once the strands of her beautiful long chocolate brown hair, was soon replaced by a short boyish cut. If it weren't for the dress you wouldn't even know she was a girl.

She looked in the mirror smiling at what she saw, she had no regrets!

"See this, now thi- this this is me, and I like what I see!"

She mumbled to herself.

Her sisters were sound asleep as she left. She felt bad, so she stroked their smooth, warm skin, and gently kissed their cheeks.

"I'll miss you my two older sisters. Goodbye house!"

She whispered, climbing down the rough, sandstone walls.

As soon as the tips of her boots touched the rough, rocky, dirt road, she galloped to the Golden Gate Castle.

"I am here to see the queen."

Cordelia said.

"Ma'am, the do you have a reason to be here at this time? It's 4:30 in the morning! The queen doesn't wake up until 5! As her guards we are not allowed to let you in unless you have proof you need be here! Go! Scram!"

The guards yelled.

"I have proof. I was sent this letter from the queen, asking me to help the queen fight in the war between Rivergon and land of the lost. I have the letter right here sir!"

She yelled, hoping they would let her in.

The guard rudely took the letter out of the girls hand with a look of shock on his face as he read the letter and looked at the girl.

"That's the girl I saw in the photo. Only in the photo she has longer hair. Go alert the queen, i will stay with the girl."