𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘳𝘦

the rest of the first day of school was a treat. and by that, i mean it was anything but. at least i had freddy by my side and danny and elle. 

“how has today gone so far?” asked jazz as we sat down at the table for lunch. 

“it's been okay. nothing to write home about.” i told her. 

tucker slumped into the seat beside me, and he slapped down his beret on the table. it was disgusting.

“what happened to you?” i asked him, now that I saw he had a bunch of trash on him.

“two jerks threw me in the trashcan. i guess my tech geek self isn't as celebrated as i hoped it would be.” tucker slouched in his seat before he shot right back up and turned to me. “do you still have those spare change of clothes in your bag for whenever me and danny got bullied by dash and kwan?”

i sighed. “give me a second to check.” i pulled out my backpack and began to look through it. i finally found what I was looking for and handed it to tucker. “here you go.” 

“thank you so much!” tucker cheered before he ran off to the bathroom. 

“it's going to be the same anywhere we go. we should get used to it.” jazz said. 

i looked at her. “so you mean you're still the teacher's pet? where is danny and sam anyway? we all have the same lunch.” 

“probably somewhere making out. don't know why i have to room with her. i thought mom would make you two room together, but no. how's the boyfriend?” jazz asked. 

“i have no boyfriend.” i dismissed.

“dani said you were texting freddy twenty four-seven this weekend. if you want to go slow or you are unsure about your feelings-.” there she goes again, trying to use psychology to help us.

“i have no feelings. i only do family not friends. and can everyone stop teasing me about it?”

“[y/n], family is not enough. you need friends. friends that you choose as family.” she told me. 

“there's sam and tucker. they are friends i chose as family.”

“they're danny's friends. make friends of your own. i would start with freddy and billy if i was you.”

and as if the two boys knew that we were talking about them, billy batson appeared at the table. “do you mind if me and freddy sit here?” 

“not at all. i'm sure [y/n] won't mind.” jazz said. 

i nodded. “sit. i'm only sitting with my family. might as well have my,” i swallowed, “friends sit with us as well.”

billy smiled before sitting down. he geatured for freddy to come sit at the table. i watched a smile dance across his face before he walked towards us. he just got to the table when two boys came out of nowhere and knocked his crutch out from under him. billy yelled out for his friend while i grabbed the lunch tray and caught everything that had left it. i placed it at the spot beside mine before kneeling down next to him.