𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

Start from the beginning

"Hello? Who's speaking?"

"Welcome to Krusty Krab! What can I get for you?" She beamed.

"I-I, excuse me? You're the one who called me..?"

"Oh, right, I totally did," she began before clearing her throat. "Then allow me to speak again. How does it feel to hear your daughter's voice after many years? Does it feel refreshing? Do I sound all grown-up? Hey, hey, do you wanna meet?"

"...M-Mira? Is it really you?" The lady's voice grew stronger as if she had pulled her phone closer to her. Mira continued smiling from the other side and said nothing. "It's you, right? Why did you call--? Where did you get my number from? Calling me at this time is dangerous!"

"Then, let's meet," Mira suggested with a deeper tone in her voice. "In private, of course. That old man is probably still working somewhere, right? He barely comes home. So how about I go to where you are?"

"Y-You can't, he has the maids and butlers roaming around to make sure no one enters our property. How about I go to your academy? 'Dear' has told me that you decided to be a student at Night Raven College as a male? They should probably allow parental visits more than students violating the school rules by going out by their own choice. Please wait there. I will tell the school to keep this a secret as well."

Mira scrunched up her face. "Hey, is it just me? It sounds like you've planned everything out and how to meet me from the start."

"I wanted to."

"What?"

"I wanted to meet you the moment I dreaded the fact that you ran away," she answered, her voice going soft before Mira swore she heard short whimpers. "I wanted to meet you so much, dear. I know why you ran away — it's because you're not actually Mira, aren't you? Ever since you came out of your little room after raging and crying and locking yourself in there for ages...you've become different. It's like there's a different soul in my girl's body that I feared to know about. Which is why I wanted to meet you."

"So I can answer all your questions?"

"That, but I also want to know what kind of person you are to be keeping my child's body safe."

Mira found herself messing up her hair as she groaned in defeat. "Alright, you win. That sounds like a good choice. I'll be waiting in the academy for your appearance then. We can have a nice chat in my dorm."

"Your dorm? Aren't there lots of people?"

"Well, not my dorm. I'm living in...uh, quite difficult circumstances right now. Aha, yeah, let's just keep it at that," she chuckled, placing a hand near her mouth as she did so. The lady stayed quiet before a small laugh escaped her lips. "H-Huh? What—? Valaine-san? Why are you suddenly—"

"Mama."

"Heh?"

"Call me Mama, gosh, even though you're someone else in my daughter— I'm still your parent!" She replied in a sassy manner. Confused thoughts wafted to Mira's head as she mentally panicked. "So? What alias do you go by? I can't just say your real name when no one knows it."

"Amir. Amir Delacroix."

"You really don't have any creativity — rearranging two letters. Delacroix. I see," Valaine sighed as the latter heard shuffling from the phone. "That used to be my surname. Then it's true that my brother allowed you to move in. That's very nice of him."

"N-Nice? He let me escape from you guys," Mira stated. "If it weren't for him, none of this would have happened in the first place."

"But you had every right. I'll be coming over right now, so make you stay under the shelter! It's pretty cold outside. Wear your layers!"