Chapter 2

I was sitting to the right of Lauren while Lilly was sitting directly behind me. Lauren and I kept making weird faces at each other while Lilly and Aleah were talking. We were supposed to be working on a group project, but you know how that goes. Everyone splits up to talk, not work. I mean we are high schoolers. Talking is what we do best.

*Ring Ring*

Sweet it was finally 7th period, Choir. I like it because our teacher doesn’t really make us do anything and when he does, we have random concerts. Although I have learned more in that class than I have in math.

I have choir with Lilly and Aleah. It’s nice because I actually have people to talk to. We are currently singing a whole lot of christmas songs. Kill me now please, with a shotgun, 12 gage. Finally, class is over and I can go home and sleep. By sleep I actually mean lay in bed while not doing my homework.

I was walking to my locker when I saw Aleah. I went over to her and proceeded to tell her that she was coming home with me. She didn’t object which makes me happy. When we got to my house, I went straight to the fridge for food. Top Ramen, of course.

Aleah is an outgoing girl, but shy when you first meet her. She doesn’t talk to people unless you talk first. Once she feels comfortable around you, she is very funny and understands most things that you are talking about. She is 5’5’ and has long black hair that with shades of blue running through it. She almost always wears skinny jeans and knee high boots. She is one of my best friends and I’m glad that I met her.

After we finished eating, we went to my room which is on the other end of the house. We pulled out our chromebooks and started on the World History project that is due Thursday. Thinking about having to present in front of the class scares me already, let alone it’s only Tuesday. What feels like forever later, we finally finished the project and can just hang out. We talked about almost anything like Tumblr to even Danisnotonfire on YouTube. At 7, she had to go home and shortly after her ride arrived. We said our goodbyes and I headed back into the house.

I decided to take a shower seeing that all my homework is done for once. I get out and put baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt on. I french braided my hair so that it will be beach waved in the morning. I climb into bed and start scrolling through Twitter. I see a tweet that catches my eye.

@Michael5SOS: We are moving soon! So excited, USA here we come!

Holy shit. My favorite band is moving to the United States of fucking America. Yes. Just yes and more yes. Wait, why am excited? It’s not like they’re not going to be moving anywhere near here. Ugh, me giving up my own hopes like always, but hey, it needs to be said. I can’t live my whole life thinking that I’m actually going to meet them. I soon began to slowly fall asleep.

Thursday

Well, well, well. Another day in hell has started and I was sitting in Biology listening to yet another boring lecture on how and why each part of the ecosystem is important. It’s a lot more boring than you actually think. A 75 year old teacher that is out of date, telling us what we need to do for the weekend to get a good grade.

The bell rang and, as usual, I jump 6 feet out of my chair. It was now English II, probably the most entertaining class of the day. Our teacher likes to pick on the students and make jokes about them and it’s great. I was talking to Lilly when we were dismissed for lunch.

“So, are you still coming over tonight?” she asked while we were walking to my locker.

“Yeah I just have to talk to our math teacher so I can set a date to come in and take the test we had yesterday.” I said kind of ashamed by the fact that I knew I was going to fail.

“Okay I will meet you at my house then?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

I turned around and walked away when I heard shouting. I quickly turned the corner to see what was going on. One guy was on top of another, pinning him to the ground. All I could see was the first one punching the other repeatedly in the face. Our principal came over pulling them away from each other. All I heard after that was a very quiet “In my office, now!”

“Holy shit, what happened? I mean why did that start?” I said to no one in particular, but still hoping that someone would answer.

Apparently, it had been happening all day though. Okay, well I guess I didn’t care that much besides the fact that I thought it was funny that they fought for no reason at all and got suspended for 3 days. Wow guys, good job. I bet it was over something stupid like a girl. Ugh, typical boys.

Anyway, I now made my way out of the math classroom heading towards Lilly’s house. When I got there, we headed straight to the kitchen. Of course, after we are done stuffing our faces with everything that’s edible, we sat down on the couch and we decided to watch a movie for the time being. We put on a random scary movie off of Netflix, but it turned out to be really cheesy so we were just talking about random things that had happened throughout the day.

“Do you remember what we were talked to about on Monday?” Lilly asked while she looked up from her iPod.

“Um, I uhhh, well no. Wait, are you talking out third period? If you are then yes I do.” I say stumbling on my words. What everyone didn’t know is that I wasn’t paying attention to the school president, but instead, I was aimlessly scrolling through Tumblr.

“Good. Now, what do you think the new kids are going to be like? Are they going to be stuck up, nasty popular girls or the down to earth type?”

“Well, I really don’t know. What if they’re not a bunch of girls?

“Oh god, we might have more Nolan and Zoes’ walking around the school. That’s going to suck so much.” Lilly said looking at the TV.

“ In better news, this movie is terrible. Like, why is she hiding in the closet? There’s no where to go from there. The killers going to open the door and be like ‘boo I got you now’ because she can’t run away because she chose the stupidest spot to hid in the entire house. She’s going to die and I’m going to laugh because she could have run out the front door when she was running by it to get upstairs. This is why I can’t watch shitty scary movies.” I said huffing and almost yelling at nothing. I finally looked away from the TV to see Lilly staring at me with her eyebrows raised.

“Wow. Well, that was quite the rant you had there.”

“ Sorry, but when it comes to movies I’m very critical. I mean I kind of have to be if I want to go to college and become a cinematographer.”

“Wait, you want to be in the film and production industry?”

“Yeah, I have for a long time, but I’m not sure it’s going to work out…”

“Why is that?” she asked as if she was my mother, which I kind of liked because I don’t really have anyone look after me, so it was a change, but a good one.

“I would have to move to Florida, which I wouldn’t mind, but out of state tuitions are ridiculously expensive and I don’t have that kind of money.”

For a while we sat there watching the movie, me yelling a few more times because it had some awkward angles that could have been fixed but weren’t, you know stuff like that. it had reached 9:30 pm and I had to leave. I really didn’t want to, but slowly picking up my things reluctantly.

I was walking home while I was listening to music. I got home at 10:15 and no one was home. This didn’t really surprise me because my parents are never home during the week and on the weekends I was always either out with friends or in my room where no one can disturb me. I didn’t really mind though, because I hated this place and wanted to move out, change schools, etc. The more alone I was, the happier I was. I guess that’s weird and people don’t really understand it. I had a friend group, but it was nice having the house to myself when I was around.

I got in the shower and went to bed. One sentence kept running through my head. ‘Oh god, we might have more Nolans and Zoes’. What if she was right? Would the new kids do exactly what they do to me now? Would I have to talk even less than I do now and only keep to myself? I’m really not looking forward to next week. I might give them a chance, but only if they can prove to me that they are not total pricks. I slowly drifted to sleep while thinking why teenagers are so ruthless.