Chapter Five

Ravis switching into control grasped the fallen ladder with her bare hands, and lifted it back on to its stabilizers. The man was in relief, but bewildered by the woman's impeccable strength and reflects. He ran to her, his breath rapid and heavy.

"Ma'am I'm truly sorry for the dangerous inconvenience, my boy here is new, and he didn't mean to cause any harm. Though, are you alright?" He said, his hat to his chest.

"I am alright." She smiled. "No harm."

"You sure, that ladder wasn't meant to be carried by one person let alone one man, you didn't strain yourself did you -- or hurt yourself in the adrenaline rush?" He said, concern deep in his voice. "I'll be devasted if that is so."

"No, it's alright." Ravis said, chuckling at the man's kind nature. "Just make sure you have your safety equipment checked over before continuing your tasks."

"Ah, thank you ma'am, will do!" He ran back to his colleges, a smile on his face. "We need to check over on certain equipment, let's go boys!"

Ravis walked home without letting away the control, cautious if another unpredictable accident may occur. She already felt the guilt of the first injury she inflicted on Y/N's body deep in her chest, she couldn't handle another fail or disappointment.
She ran up the steps to the the apartment building, and slowly wandered up the stairs to the room, finally letting go of the control.

"Gah!" Y/N looked around to see her door in front of her. She dug around to find her key in her pocket, and entered the living space. "Ravis, may you explain what just happened?"

As it may seem, a ladder was about to crush you.

"What?" Y/N groaned. "Great! I ran off on Lena and Kara to my selfish emotions, and Karma was going to crush me for being insensitive!"

It was not your fault.

"It doesn't matter, I still made a fool of myself, and I can't go back!" Y/N plopped onto the couch. "All I can do is wait until her job her done."

You could call her?

"Yeah, like she'll answer! She's too busy -- a working woman." Y/N turned on the TV. "All I am is a busted up assistant who Lena thinks that I can't take care of myself!"

Why is that?

"Me -- or you -- didn't apply bandages correctly nor band-aids for that matter! She saw me with what looked like paper glued to my skin! Now she thinks I am a toddler!"

Toddler? You are not small nor a child.

"Ugh, nevermind." She curled up in a ball on her side. "Maybe I could just--"
The phone began to rang, and it was from Lena. "Oh, come on!"

She answered. "Uh, hello?"

"Y/N? Are you alright? Why did you run off?" She asked. "Are you feeling unwell, do I need to come over?"

"Lena, it's alright -- and no need!" Y/N spoke. "I just didn't want to interrupt you!"

"You weren't interrupting anything, next time say what you came in for, you're my assistant after all." She said.

"Oh, alright. I'll keep that in mind." Y/N said. "Well, I still have work to do, so I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, talk to you tomorrow." Y/N said.

***

"So, what did she say?" Kara asked.

Lena sat down next to her. "She seemed fine or so she says, but I have a feeling she's lying to me."

"Lying? What would she lie about?" Kara asked.

"Well, when I visited her she hadn't texted me to inform me that she wasn't coming in or that she was running late so I stopped by. What I saw was concerning, wounds along her body, bandages rushed onto her skin, she was injured, but I don't believe it was the accident with the man recently." Lena sighed. "I hope she isn't involved in something dangerous."

"I don't think she is, she could be clumsy or something personal that she'll tell you soon." Kara said.

"I hope so." Lena said.

I already have a guess, Kara thought, Ravis and Y/N are the same people, but I need more answers than a based guess on descriptions.

"You better head home, it's getting late." Lena insisted.

"You sure?"

"Of course." Lena replied.

"Alright, goodnight Lena."

"Night, Kara."

***

"Do you think Lena will find out about me having you inside my head?" Y/N spoke. "She is a smart woman."

She will figure out the hard way or the easy way.

"H-hard way...?" Y/N asked.

She will feel betrayed in a way when she finds out on her own, but if you tell her face-to-face the "easy way" she will be less conflicted than she would have been as you told her than kept lying to her.

"You're point is true, but am I ready to tell someone I care for - that might change her look on me?" Y/N doubted.

It is your choice.

"A very hard choice. No matter, it's time for bed."