I'm still as confused as ever? What happened? Is Sirius alright?

Maddy would've continued to ramble out questions if she wasn't interrupted by a groan. She turned to see Ron, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, looking around. "What ㅡ what happened? Harry? Why are we in here? Where's Sirius? Where's Lupin? What's going on?"

Harry and Hermione shared a glance, and Harry helped himself to some chocolate that Madam Pomfrey had left out. "You explain," he told Hermione. "Come over here, Maddy, you have every right to know as well."

■□~□■

Maddy didn't sleep at all that night. Harry and Hermione's story seemed like something out of a novel that she would stay up late to read, a story of adventure and time travel. Soon after the trio fell asleep, Maddy heard a knock at the door, and Madam Pomfrey opened it to reveal her father, wearily looking around the room. Maddy ran to his side and grabbed his hand, guiding him over to the bed.

"Maddy?" he yawned, rubbing his eyes, "What are you doing awake? And why are you in the Hospital Wing? It can't be later than five o'clock."

Remus wasn't wrong. The sun was barely scraping the horizon, colours bursting against the green foliage. Just a lot in my mind. Do you remember last night?

Remus let out a string of curses, and Maddy looked at him empathetically. "I don't think I killed something. I didn't eat anything, either. I remember seeing you, though. Which leads me to ask you what you were doing?"

Maddy walked over to the end table, and picked up Remus's wand, and handed it to him. Here. I went looking for your wand. So, anyways, you didn't seem dangerous at all! Why are you always going on about how you're a monster?

"Apparently, I'm not dangerous to you. You smelt like a werewolf, and so I knew not to attack you. Still, it was pretty ㅡ pretty reckless of you to wander into the Forbidden Forest alone."

Sorry. Maddy apologised, a look of guilt filling her eyes.

Remus sighed, "It's alright. Do you have any idea what happened to Sirius?"

A smile spread across her face, and she told him the good news.

■□~□■

Am I allowed to go to breakfast, Dad?

Remus nodded, "I'm not very hungry, so I'll wait here. Come back as soon as you finish."

Maddy smiled her thanks, and ran out of the Hospital Wing. She almost made it all the way to the Great Hall when she was stopped by Peeves the Poltergeist.

"If it isn't Madman Madeline!" sang Peeves as he floated above her head, bopping her nose as he flipped. Maddy waved her hand as if she was getting rid of a pesky fly, and continued her way to the Great Hall. Peeves followed her, a wicked grin spread across his face. "Is Little Loony Loopy Lupin in a bad mood?" he taunted. Maddy, knowing not to encourage him, just kept her head high, and walked towards the Great Hall.

Peeves blew a raspberry at her, and flew in the other direction to find sleep-deprived students to pick on.

Maddy strolled between the Slytherin and Ravenclaw table when she heard four words she never wanted to hear. "Lupin is a werewolf."

Maddy's head snapped towards the voice. Snape stood with a smirk on his face, talking to the Slytherin table. She stomped right up to him, her jaw clenched, and her eyes burning with anger.

You! You! She accused, pointing at him, her other hand in a tight fist.

A Slytherin first-year screeched when she saw her, "Merlin! She's a half-breed!"