Elkie plucked the last one from the wall. Tell Kele. Could it have been his confession to his best friend? After that, Yanan stopped writing notes.

She turned towards the nightstand where there's a framed picture of him and his friends. It was from the drama club. Elkie remembered watching him then, how even though the spotlight were on different people, she always felt as though she only saw him.

Yanan and Changgu's arms were wrapped around each other's shoulders. Next to Yanan was Kele holding a bouquet of flowers and next to Changgu was Seungyeon who was looking up at him while smiling so wide. And then there were other familiar faces.

His world revolved around these people. He turned his back on all of that just because ofㅡ

Elkie's thoughts were disturbed by Yanan's phone that vibrated on the nightstand. He got a text message.

Kele: We need to talk! Drop by...

Should she just... open the message and see what it was about? Elkie was stuck in several moments of dilemma until the door behind her opened. "What are you doing?" Yanan asked. His hair was wet from showering. He's holding a towel to dry it. He's wearing a white shirt and black pajamas.

Even like that, he took her breath away. Elkie smiled softly. "Just looking around. It's different from your room in China." She said, sitting on the bed.

Yanan chuckled, sitting beside her. "Of course, this was my room as a teenager. That one was my room as a kid, turned into an adult one."

"You still have the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling."

"They're nice. I don't want to remove them." Yanan said and then wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder. He smelled like shower gel. A really nice shower gel. "I still can't believe you're here. I almost regretted coming here."

"Why? You said you were enjoying!"

"Yeah, but without you, it's not the same."

Elkie smiled and buried her face on the crook of his neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

She wanted to stay that way. She wanted all the bad thoughts in her head to go awayㅡthe ones that won't do any good to her relationship with Yanan. She didn't want to ruin what they finally have.

But as Yanan pulled away and grabbed his phone, he smiled down at it and laid back on bed. Elkie wanted to think it was normal. She'd seen Yanan this way before; on his phone, grinning.

"Who is it?" She couldn't help but ask.

"...Seunghee." He replied a bit hesitantly. "She's sending memes. Want to see?"

Elkie shook her head, sliding under the covers. "No, I'm tired. I should sleep."

Yanan kissed her forehead. "Already? Okay. Good night."

Her heart should have been pounding hard with nervousness. All her senses were still aware of him but in a different way. Elkie closed her eyes but it was hard for her to sleep that night.

Yanan looked at Elkie's back turned on him. She had fallen asleep like that. She didn't say anything, but it was as if he could sense something was wrong. It was true when he told her that Seunghee was sending him memes, but he had been texting with Kele. Even though they've met today with, what he hoped, no problems, he was still wary and protective of her heart. He only didn't want to hurt her again.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed the temple of her head before he settled down to sleep himself.

× × ×

The next morning when Yanan woke up, Elkie was gone. When he asked his grandma, she said that Elkie took the first train back to Seoul because her work would start early.

Yanan wanted to have breakfast with her after a while, though he wondered why Elkie didn't leave any message for him at all. He felt as if he was screwing up on something and he wasn't sure what.

Were relationships always this complicated?

___________

A/N

Hi!! Thanks for reading~ In case, you didn't see my recent announcement post, Plus One's final chapters will be published by the end of this week.