00 - preface

Olive Clemonte hated the Outer Banks. It took her away from her friends in Michigan, and it ruined her chances of getting into her dream school. She moved there very abruptly once the school year ended with her mother and her younger brother.

Her mother, Mary, grew up on the Outer Banks. She moved to Michigan when she met her ex husband, Darryl. Mary and Darryl were the epitome of the phrase "opposites attract." Mary was a waitress, who met Darryl the wealthy business man while he was in the Outer Banks on vacation, with his first wife. After being married for years and having two kids, they finally realized they were just too different. This led to their unpleasant divorce, causing Mary and her kids to move back to the Outer Banks.

Mary was starting her first day of work as a waitress, at a restaurant called The Wreck. She wanted well for her kids so she encouraged Olive to get a job as well during the summer, while Dylan stayed home all day.

Olive had gotten a job as a server at the country club. She hated the country club, but her mother wanted her to work at a nice establishment.

As she walked out her front door, the sun poured over her pale skin. She sighed and pulled her baseball cap further down towards her eyes as she started up the rusty pickup truck. She started her journey towards the country club, and she took in the change of scenery.

She parked her car and looked in the mirror. She took off her baseball cap and combed her fingers through her hair to make herself look even the slightest bit professional. Reluctantly, she made her way into the country club, not realizing this would be the beginning of her brand new life.

***

"Miss Clemonte, I'm going to show you around the club," Harvey smiled, as he guided Olive through the country club. Harvey guided Olive over to a table, she smiled as she saw a beautiful boy, with golden blonde hair. He stepped back to reveal a brunette girl, who was all too familiar to Olive.

"Olive! What're you doing here?" Brinley, the brunette girl smirked as she leaned toward the blonde girl.

"You know her?" The blonde boy asked curiously as he motioned to Brinley.

"Nope never seen her in my life," Olive smiled as she folded her arms. Brinley rolled her eyes.

"JJ please stop fraternizing with the guests. This is Olive Clemonte, make yourself useful and show her around?" Harvey said and started to turn away.

"Are you sure you don't want to do it, Harv? You might want to get in a little exercise while you can!" JJ laughed.

"They don't pay me enough for this," Harvey muttered as he walked away from the group.

Olive sighed, thinking about spending an hour with this guy. She's never going to learn anything with him as her guide.

***
this is just a little intro to get things started it's going to get good I promise