ROUGH COPY / JULY.2016

Okay so this is way too long of a chapter for anybody to wanna read buttt I'm not ashamed of this so we'll keep it and call this the "rough copy". Lmk if you think it's worth keeping or not? - All chapters will be revised and broken down for a better experience. If you skip, and you probably should, just use the table of contents.

THE WHOLE ASS STORY. I WAS DUMB Y'ALL.

There are broken hearts all over the world. I have always heard, You have to face the rain beofre the rainbow. This is the lesson meant to be learned from this story, I promise it's worth reading. Just give it a chance.

I checked the time on my phone... 3:05 A.M. great, I have to be at work in two hours, and I have yet to fall asleep. I decide to give up on sleep, and start getting dressed. Sluggishly, I go over to my closet, making my way through my obstacle course of a room. I find an old ACDC shirt, some bleached jeans, and a vintage pair of black converses. Once I am dressed, I go to my bathroom and begin doing my make-up. On my way over to my bathroom, I am reminded of my own lonesome.

My dad died from a bullet to the heart in war with Iraq when I was eight and my mom died in a car accident when I was ten. DHS sent me to live with my grandmother afterwards. Well she died three weeks ago. Now that I'm seventeen, DHS has decided I am old enough to live on my own. They found an apartment for me in Arnett, Oklahoma. They send a grouchy, old woman to check on me once a month to make sure I stay on track. With freedom comes responsibility, I have to keep my own job. I go to my part time job at five in the morning working at Lowes. Then I leave there at 7:30 and head immediately towards school. I go to school from 8:00 to 3:15. After school, I leave for an hour drive to work as a babysitter for a rich couple until 9:30 P.M. Since I work for so long over there, not only do they pay me, but they give me dinner, which is usually leftovers from the night before. When I turn on the bathroom light, I am blinded from the brightness. I turn on my straightener and open the bathroom cabinet, retrieve my contacts, and begin putting them in. My right eye stings a little at first but after I blink a few times, the sting goes away. Once my contacts are in, I put the case back into the cabinet and close it. I pull my make-up bag off of the side of the counter and apply it. Once it's on, I work on my stubborn hair. I am almost done with my hair, when I hear a knock on the door. I make my way through the small apartment and to the front door.

"Yes?"

"Are you Aphrodite Tate Nethercutt?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"You can call me Ms. Seymour."

"Okay, how can I help you Ms. Seymour?"

"I work with DHS, we have received an old letter, and afterwards, done some blood work as it turns out, you have a brother, he is 10 years old, apparently, your father cheated on your mother right before he left for war," I felt a mix of emotions, happy that I have a brother, mad that dad cheated, and excited to meet my brother.

"Oh," I looked at the ground. "Can I meet my brother?" she held her hand up.

"You interrupted me." I apologized and she continued. "As I was saying, the boy is 10, he has been going from foster home to foster home for the past year. His mom over-dosed on methamphetamine, she left this note," Ms. Seymour handed me the note, urging me to read it.

Dear reader,

I've had a heavy heart since my fiancé passed away some time ago. I had no reason that I could think of to continue living, my son was just a reminder of the man I lost. There was a big secret I managed to keep from everyone. My husband cheated on his wife with me. He has a daughter named Aphrodite Nethercutt. She is seven years older than Noah.. Please, if you could find Aphrodite and her mother, ask them to raise Noah, I put my full trust in them.