Chapter 1

"This cannot be happening" Letty thought as she glared at the two pink lines, hoping they would fade away. She looked herself in the mirror and lifted her shirt revealing her flat tummy.

"There's a human being growing inside me" she realized as she rubbed her stomach. She took the pregnancy test in her hands and stared at it.

"What does it say?" her best friend Mia asked.
"I'm pregnant"
"Maybe its a false alarm, try another one"
"I doubt it'll make a difference, just like the four I've tried" she said taking a seat on the couch in her apartment.

Mia hugged her friend and assured her it was going to be alright.

"I'm here for you and as much as I hate to say it, Owen wouldn't abandon his child"
"He isn't the father" Letty muttered.
"What? If Owen isn't the father then who is?"
"Remember when I broke up with Owen a couple of months ago, we went to that new bar downtown?"
"Yeah..."
"Well things happened that night"

Mia's eyes widened as she realized what Letty was telling her.

"You had a one night stand?!"

Letty sighed and nodded.

"He must have been a charmer, to get you in bed that fast"

"Mia!"

"Just saying. When are you going to tell him?"
Letty just shrugged her shoulders and turned on the television.

"You have to tell him, he is the father of your child and he deserves to know, whoever he may be"   

'I would if I remembered who he was' Letty muttered under her breath.

Honestly Letty didn't know if she wanted to tell the father, she didn't even know where to find him or what his last name was. One thing was for sure though, it was going to be a long and rough year ahead.

...

Letty's heart was pounding and her hands were sweaty and clammy. It was her first doctors appointment and to say she was scared would be an understatement. Mia was sitting right beside her, she had come along for moral support.

Letty had already given a blood and urine sample, all that was left to do was to wait for the results to come in.

Mia felt her phone vibrating and checked it.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, work problem and they need someone to fix it"
"You should probably go, sounds important"
"No, I'm waiting for you to finish your appointment, I'm not leaving you"

"Mia, I'll be fine. It's okay. Go, I don't want you to be fired"

"You sure?"
"Go! I'll catch up with you back home"

Mia hugged her best friend and off she was. Letty was now both very scared and petrified.

"Letty Ortiz" a voice called out. This was it! It was time to face the music! She slowly walked into the doctors room and sat on the chair, waiting for the doctor .

"Hi, I'm Dr. Meredith, I'm your consultant gynecologist. Looking at your test results you are pregnant. Congratulations!"

Letty didn't say a word.

"I take it that the pregnancy was unplanned" Dr. Meredith said as she checked Letty's tummy.

"Yeah" she said almost a whisper.

"Okay, let's have a look at your baby"

She applied the gel onto Letty's stomach, and moved the Doppler around looking for the fetus. Letty was a nervous wreck, she was sweating even with the air conditioning on and looking at the monitor didn't help at all, her heart was beating very very fast. An image then appeared onto the screen.

"That is your baby, by the looks of it you're about 9 weeks along, everything is normal, perfect size and right amount of fluidity"

Letty was amazed looking at her baby. She had never felt so vulnerable before. There was a little miracle growing inside her and at that very moment she made a vow to herself to protect and love her child always.

After the checkup, the doctor handed Letty her very first sonogram. She thanked and was on her way out. As she walked she traced her fingers across the sonogram, smiling as she looked at her baby.

"Now all that's left is to look for your daddy" she said as she looked at the sonogram in her palm.

She was absolutely mesmerized that she wasn't even looking at where she was going and bumped into one of the doctors on the way out.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking at...Dom?" she said as her voice became softer.

Okay everyone that was the first part, let me know your thoughts on it and do leave me some reviews, still unsure about the whole thing but if you all like it then I'll continue with it and if you have ideas let me know as well...