Oh god why?

"Yan Xuan,serve this to table nine,now!"came the shrill voice of my manager,Ms.Chew.I quickly looked up from my hundred page textbook,covering my ears in the process as I did not want want to turn deaf at the young age of sixteen.

Without wasting any more precious time,I stood up ,leaving the comfort of my chair and sauntered over to the serving counter.The smell of delicious ramen made its way into my nose,reminding me that I haven't eaten dinner yet,in response,my tummy grumbled.I sighed ,self consciously putting a hand over my flat tummy,as they say,working every day is all the excersice you need .

Ms Chew must have noticed the way I looked at the noodles with lust , because after giving me the look,she told me that she could cook something up for me later with the leftovers.Although her appearence and voice gave off a dark aura,she was a nice woman,she often took care of me like a mother would to her daughter since my biological mother left me with my alcoholic father who always hit me for no good reason,life was hard,but I still came through with my scholarships and part time jobs .To be honest with you,I am quite happy with my life now than ever,not exaggerating .

With a small smile and a quick nod at Ms Chew,I picked up the tray of ramen and walked over to table nine confidently.After serving a bunch of teenagers at table nine,judging by the way they acted,all of them obviously needed a good spanking,and that was just what I gave them,technically I just glared at them,but hey ,its called eye spanking,business was business ,can't just go around scaring away customers or I'd have to say goodbye to my ramen baby,I retired from my long day of work and sat on the high stools near the serving counter.

While waiting for the promised ramen,I just took the time to look at all the small decorations on the counter that I didn't noticed before.Little trinkets of all shapes and sizes took up most of the space and situated on the far corner side was a golden cat ,a paw waving back and forth,its green shiny orbs staring intensely at me,boring into my black and dull ones.The Chinese legend says that the toy sized cat could beckon money or souls of the undead. I shivered at the thought.I kept staring at it ,observing it ,waiting for any signs of movement,for some reason,the longer I looked at it,the more I seemed attracted to it.Something was just off with that thing,really off.

The arousing smell of ramen finally pulled me back to reality ,what?I just have a thing with ramen ,might I also add that Ms Chew's ramen are the best in the whole wide world,now I just sound like an advertising man.At the other side of the counter,Ms Chew gently pushed the bowl of ramen towards me until it was right in front of me,at the sight of the heavenly ramen ,I pigged out ,quite unladylike.Until the last drop of hot liquid that is the ramen soup have past my mouth's borders,I was not satisfied.

While I was still savouring the taste of the ramen,my thoughts drifted back to the golden cat,its eyes were so mesmerizing ,its body so delicately made out of gold,so .......beautiful."What's so beautiful?"a voice interrupted my thoughts.Oh shit,I must have accidentally spoke my thoughts out loud.Not wanting to lie,I confessed and soon realizes what a big mistake I made.Ms Chew's eyes darkened,her face overwhelmed with sadness,as if remembering something painfully sorrowful. A voice that I almost didn't recognize flooded my ears.It was so deep,so unlike Ms Chew."I am warning you ,don't go near that unholy thing, it is cursed beyond reasons you will ever understand .I shall take my leave,clean up this place as quickly as you can.Take care."

With that,Ms Chew took her purse and umbrella,she mumbled something about me getting chosen or thats what I heard,before I could ask her why,she disappeared into the darkness,The eerie night swallowing her whole.I was left speechless.

Just as I was about to forget what happened before it really got to me,a loud screeching sound shattered my ear drums ,followed by scratching noises.I was scared shitless at that point,I would've probably peed myself right on the spot if my proud ego didn't stand in my way.

Maybe it was just my imagination or a prank,there were many teenagers that is out for trouble these days, I thought.But the thought was quickly denied as another wave of that horrible noise came crashing down my already weakened ears.My ears were really starting to hurt although the sound was not that loud,so I stood there,too terrified to move an inch.Then,it hit me,the cat!I didn't know why,but the cat just came in my mind first.But just as the realization hit me, the voice of a woman calling for help was heard,the voice sounded so distant yet so close.Suddenly,I felt a rush of adrenaline and was knocked out by a stupor of power ,falling into eternal darkness.Oh god why?!

On the side is the pic of our main character(before going back in time)....