RANCH HAND CHARLIE

RANCH HAND CHARLIE

Mid-Morning meeting with Charlie the trusted rancher's right hand; the rancher confirming they have a day filled with herding the new ranch cattle to the chutes with the other farm hands for branding and tagging. Charlie sits eager, waiting for his "Get em' Up!" orders, but in the mean time he is soaking in all of the ranchers duties for the day and Charlie, won't disappoint.

The rancher and Charlie go back about 5 years and from the first time Charlie hit the ground running as a young pup, he knew exactly what his jobs are and how to do them; his instinct was extraordinary and the rancher knew all of those years ago, that he'd have a trusty ranch hand to help him run things.

Charlie watches over his rancher while they wrangle cattle and ride the ranch checking fences, so when the day of work is done they can have a lazy evening on the porch while the rancher drinks his sweet tea and Charlie lays loyal next to his worn out boots that the ranch wears day in and day out. Those boots can tell a story all by themselves of this life and the blood sweat and tears it takes to build a cattle ranch and keep it going day after day.

After, his tea is finished, the rancher bends down and pats Charlie on top of his head and says, "well Charlie boy, we better hit the sack because morning comes quick and the cows won't wait." Charlie nudges the ranchers hand as if to say, "alright Sir, I'll be ready.

"Savannah McCann ©

facebook.com/savannahmccannbooks