Body Host

(Sonic's POV)

I was at home taking a shower to dry off the nasty blood off my hands and fur. What the hell happened out there?! I just pulled out that guy's heart out! And there was this voice in my head.

"Okay Sonic keep yourself sane" I said to myself.

I turned off the water and got out of the shower, drying myself with a bath towel.

During when I got home, I called Tails and told him that going to that cemetery wasn't such a good idea and I went home. I didn't want to tell what really happened or he'll think I went crazy.

The diamond was on the table and I regretted going there. It was black when I saw it but now it's clear like a regular colored diamond.

I should eat something; it's been a long day for me and maybe these ghost hunting is filling my head with crazy things. I went in the kitchen to make myself a sandwich.

I turned the radio on and heard the news on it, "This just in, a group of criminals were found murdered by an unknown killer. We have no witnesses of the incident but the way they are killed are yet to be revealed"

I turned the radio off. Shit! Now I'm a murderer and they'll definitely find out it's me. At least no witness but I don't know about a lead. What will my friends and Amy think about it?

"Don't think too much" the voice spoke in my mind.

"Aaaahh!!! I'm definitely out of my mind" I grabbed my sandwich and ate it.

"You can't escape me" The voice said, then appears in a black smoke with red eyes from my shoulder

"Who are you?!" I asked in fear.

I dropped my sandwich. I can't believe what I'm seeing. What the hell is that?!

"You're not real! I'm just imagining things and you'll just go poof, disappear" I said, trying to pinch myself.

"I'm real enough, Sonic. You freed me from my imprisonment" The thing said to me.

"What the hell are you talking about and how do you know my name?" I stuttered.

"The black diamond that released the black smoke and entered your mouth. That was me, Sonic. And I killed those men in your place. Take a look on the mirror and you'll see what I am in you" the thing went back in my body.

If he's being honest then I gotta listen. I went into my bathroom to look in the mirror and surely, I see me as a hideous monster with black sclera and red glowing eyes, razor teeth like a shark but when I felt my teeth, they were still my real teeth. My reflection moved on its own.

"Now you see what I am in you. I'm EXE and I'm in your head, Sonic. I know everything about your life. You're a ghost hunter and I see you have a lot of compassion for that innocent pink girl" My reflection talking to me.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! You can't invade my life and my body, that's personal space, whatever you are. You shouldn't be in my body" I said to my hideous talking reflection.

"But I am. I have been in imprisonment long enough to wait for the perfect living host to get me out" EXE said.

"Please! Spare my friends and Amy" I pleaded.

"I will spare your friends and that girl. Listen carefully, Sonic. I'm a demon entity and I hunt bad people like those psychopaths I killed earlier. I hunger for blood and hearts" EXE said.

"You're kidding right? My kind are not cannibals and if I eat my kind, I die from terrible sickness" I said.

"To you, yes. But I am in you and we both can't die" EXE said.