x. THIS PLANET AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE TWO OF US.

Start from the beginning

"What?"

                     She held up her hands in a surrendering motion and laughed playfully. "I didn't say anything."

                       The Mandalorian sighed and turned to his controls. Upon the gunship, he used the high-tech implements to identify their upcoming destination.

He figured it was about time he had a plan.

               When Mando discovered the closest planet, he turned to Lia and rotated the device in her direction.

"Sorgan," Mando announced to the girl. "Looks like there's no star port, no industrial centers, no population density. A real backwater skug hole."

                 "Which means it's perfect for us," Lia added.

"Exactly," he confirmed before turning to the Child, lowering his voice. "Ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat? Nobody's gonna find us here."

The Child cocked his head and Lia smiled.

 ∘₊✧─── ·★· ───✧₊∘

woodland,
sorgan.

                  WHEN THE RAZOR CREST SETTLED UPON THE WOODLAND FLOOR of the planet Sorgan, Lia found herself feeling rather liberated. Because only then had it truly hit. The girl was free. For real, this time. Her wrists were unbound and her plans for a future actually existed now ━━━ no matter how miniscule. And though she was still running, she finally had something to run towards. Even if she knew that that something would most likely result in disaster.

But disaster was her middle name.

Seriously.

"What's wrong?" the Mandalorian asked when he caught sight of her bewildered expression.

Lia turned, the ghost of a smile on her lips.

                 "Nothing," she answered. "For once, nothing is wrong."

               The Mandalorian got to his feet and placed the Child on the base of his chair. And when he firmly looked down upon it, Lia noticed he was appearing more and more like a parental figure by the minute.

"Now...don't touch anything," Mando warned in his best commanding voice. "We'll find us some lodging and then we'll come right back for you. So stay right here. You stay and you don't move. You understand?"

The Child babbled incoherently.

"Great."

                 Lia leaned down towards the Child now and smiled warmly. "Don't worry. Mando's only acting like an asshole because he cares about you. Touch whatever you want."

The Mandalorian sent daggers into the back of her head and she turned, noticing his irritated stance.

                 "What?"