~ The Assignment ~

Start from the beginning

"I understand, Ahsoka, I really do," he had said. "It's something many Jedi struggle with. Believe me, I wish it were easy, but you have to put your purpose first. Sometimes, that can be the only way to see past your personal feelings."

He knew she had feelings for Lux, just like she knew he had feelings for Senator Amidala.

Lux dangled the key in his hand before opening the door. He held it open and welcomed her inside. "Home sweet home," he said. "I'm really glad you could be here, Ahsoka."

"Me too," she said. "I'm going to bring my things upstairs and check the double check the security. Then, I'm all yours for the next few weeks."

He smiled. "Perfect. I invited someone over later tonight for a small housewarming party. I think you're going to like him."

"Oh, am I?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"If it's Saw, I'm kicking him out," she joked.

"Hey!"

"Kidding!" She grabbed her bag and ran up the spiral staircase.

She opened the first door on the left and stepped inside.

Her room was larger than Ahsoka anticipated. The walls were a shade of rosy pink, complementing the white furniture. The bed was a matching shade of pink with rose gold accents. A the bookcase in the corner was filled with old notebooks and journals.

This definitely beat her room at the temple.

After putting her things away in the dresser drawers, she changed out of her Jedi uniform and into some more casual clothes for the remainder of the evening. She thoroughly checked the cameras and alarm system to ensure that there wouldn't be any surprises if anyone came near the cottage. Once she was satisfied, she walked outside to the patio and sat in one of the swinging benches.

Shortly after, Lux, having changed as well, came outside and sat beside her.

"The weather is beautiful today," he said.

Ahsoka gave him a once-over. He was wearing shorts, which took her a few minutes to get used to. His t-shirt was tight on his upper body. She could definitely tell that he'd been working out. She smiled, in spite of herself. That boy had no idea how he made her feel.

"Yeah, it's nice out," she said.

"Ahsoka, can I ask you something?" Lux asked, rocking the swing slightly.

"Anything."

"Well, I figured that since we're going to be spending a significant amount of time together over the next few weeks, it's only fair I ask if–"

The doorbell rang. "Ah, that must be him," Lux said, standing up. "You know what? Forget what I was saying. It's not important anyway."

That definitely meant it was important. What did he want to ask her? She made a mental note to bring it up again later.

When Lux opened the door for their guest, Ahsoka didn't know what she expected to see, but the person standing before her certainly weren't it. There was a guy, around 25 by the looks of him, and he looked almost like an older version of Lux with his floppy brown hair and cool gray eyes. But there was something else about him that Ahsoka couldn't put her finger on.

"Hey, Jaryn! So good to see you!" Lux said, giving the man a hug.

"It's been too long," Jaryn said.

Lux welcomed him inside and closed the door. "Ahsoka this is Jaryn. He's my older brother."

Ahsoka's mind stopped. "Your older brother? I didn't know you had any siblings."