One

~My Second Chance Mate is the hybrid king~
         ~chapter one~
                 °The rejection°

WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
I opened my eyes and swatted the alarm clock halfway across my room and groaned loudly.
Honestly, alarm clocks are so annoying , all they do is make unnecessary noise for thirty minutes and cause problems.

5...4....3...2...1

"Hayley! Up! Up!up!!" Carolyn , my best and only friend here yelled shaking me roughly.

"Carolyn, not everyone wants to get up early and go for a run."I told her .

"Just come on." She said rolling her eyes at me unnecessarily.

"I am not getting up."I said.

" Hayley , I will tell everyone your middle name if you don't get up in five seconds . One , two , three, four - "

I sprung out of bed quickly and started bouncing on the spot.
"Try to keep up."I said running out the door.

Within minutes, we are standing in the back yard, looking at the entrance to the forest beyond.

"First one there and back gets one month free tv time." Carolyn said running off and shifting in to her grey fur , blue eyed wolf in mid - air.

I ran behind her in human form not wanting to shift so early and waste all that energy. Carolyn was leading by about eight meters but I know that I'll catch her soon enough.

On my way back to the pack house, I saw Carolyn in her human form talking to a vampire guy. " Carolyn, who is this?"I asked walking over to her.

"He's my mate."she replied.

"But the rules Carolyn, if they find out they'll kill you." I reminded her.

Her mate hissed at me and I growled at him. I respect him for caring about his mate but I don't like people hissing or growling at me, higher rank or not.

" When you find your mate, you will know what it's like." Carolyn said looking at her mate one last time.

"He can visit you at night Carolyn , let's go." I said.

She left him hesitantly and looked at me angrily.

5...4...3...2...1

"He's so hot!" Carolyn shouted fanning her self.

"Yup I'm sure he is now let's go before breakfast ends." I said shifting quickly with her following suit.

My fur is almost jet black but has a streak of blue running through it. My eyes turns Amber gold but I don't have some one else in my head telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

•°•°•°•°•°

We made it back in the backyard just before breakfast.
I shifted back to human form and put on the set of clothes I left there yesterday.

Some of the marks on my back and left shoulder and down my arm but I couldn't care less about that because I'm only focusing on the scent of smoke and rain.

I searched for the source of the smell until my eyes landed on Alec Red , the future beta of the pack. He leaned off the wall and walked over to me.

"I , Alec Red , future beta of the Red Wood pack, reject you, Hayley..... as my mate and future female beta of my pack."

"I, Hayley , accept your rejection." I said weakly.

Immediately , a pain shot through me and I gripped my ribs tightly. " Do you need help?"he asked. "I'm fine."I replied walking away slowly.