Chapter 10✨

I wake up to the sound of birds singing. I missed waking up to this, to the beautiful view, to the sunlight coming in through the small gaps between planks, i missed this. Payton was still sound asleep. I went on my phone waiting for Payton to wake up. I see that there were a some unseen messages on the snap group chat me and the girls made.
                 Dumbledore's army 😚✌🏻

Clowngirl🤡
Hey y/n why didn't u tell us you went to see payton

Mads🥰
Yea what's that about

Oh hi guys sorry i didn't tell u it was kinda a last minute thing i just really missed payt so i decided to come visit him

Ness❤️🥶
See guys it's nothing serious

Charli🥺👉🏻👈🏻
When r u coming back

Today actually and i'm bringing Payton with me

Clowngirl 🤡
Oh dope missed that guy

Addi🥴💕
By the way nicks been asking bout u

wdym

Addi🥴💕
He's been asking what's ur relationship w payt since u just went to n.c without telling anyone so i told him that hes ur best friend

Oh okay thanks addi i'm coming today anyway so i'll talk to him

Ness❤️🥶
Btw were all coming to the sway house today along w nick and other dudes so u'll be able to talk to him there

Oh ok cool thanks bye guys

Mads🥰
Bye babe ❤️

Big bro❤️

Hey josh just wanted to tell u that payts coming w me today

Dopeee i missed that guy

Cya ❤️

I went to wake payton up since it was time.
"Payton wake up."
"5 more minutes.."
"No come on payton."
"Okay fine." He said getting up touching his messy hair. He gets up and gets out of the tree house and i do the same. We talk all the way to his house. I then go to the bathroom to change into the clothes i brought with me ;

 I then go to the bathroom to change into the clothes i brought with me ;

I brush my teeth, put on some very light make up, and brush my hair. I close my bag and get out of the bathroom to go find payton.
"Are you done getting dressed ?" I say, waiting for an answer so i can open the door.
"Yeah you can come in."
I enter his room to find him packing his bags.
"Did you ask your mom ?"
"Yeah i texted her yesterday."
"Cool. How long are you planning on staying ?"
"Maybe 5 days ?"
"Cool !" I'll wait for you downstairs."
I go downstairs to find Joanne making breakfast.
"G'morning y/n."
"G'morning Joanne, do you need help with anything ?"
"No it's okay you enjoy your breakfast."
I take the peanut butter jelly sandwich and take a bite. I hear someone coming downstairs and turn around.
"I'm ready to go."
It's payton.
"Okay great. Thank you so much for your hospitality Joanne." I say giving her a hug.
"You don't have to thank me y/n you're family." She says hugging me tighter. I give her a kiss on the cheek and go to hug faith.
"I'm gonna miss you y/n"
"Me too babe, take care of yourself."
"Promise to come visit again."
"Promise. Bye bebe." I say kissing her on the cheek. I wait for Payt to say his goodbyes and we head out. We get in the car and drive off. We had fun the entire ride. Talking about this and that, blasting love letter and jamming to it and laughing like crazy at every joke until we finally arrived in front of the sway house. We get out of the car and i open the door.
"We're here !" I yell out after closing the door behind us. I then see josh running up towards Payton and giving him a huge hug.
"I missed you bro !"
"My man ! I missed you too bro."
I then see all the sway boys coming up and giving Payton hugs.
"Broo i missed you so much." Jaden says
"We all did." Says ant.
"It's good to see you again." Says griffin. We all chat and then i go to the living room to find nick, Quinton, sam Hurley, and the girls. I say hi to nick, sam and the girls before dragging Payton to where nick was.
"Nick this is Payton, he's my best friend since little. And Payton this is Nick, we're kinda dating haha." I say hugging nick on the side.
"Yoo ! It's so nice to finally meet you, i've heard a lot about you haha." Payton says shaking nick's hand.
"Same ! It's nice finally meeting you."
"I'll leave you two to chat." I said walking towards the girls.
"Hey they're hitting it off pretty well." Mads says pointing at nick and Payton. I turn around to find the two laughing and joking.
"That's a relief !" I say with a big smile on my face. I was about to say something but then josh suddenly snatches me and i find myself in front of quinton.
"So you must be quinton." I say extending my hand towards him.
"That's me. It's nice finally meeting you." He says shaking my hand. I got to know him and he's actually really fun ! We all sit down and start chatting.
"So y/n what did you do in north carolina ?" Sam asks.
"Oh, well i saw faith and Joanne again, i missed them a lot ahah. And then we went to the movies, we got ice cream. And then i found out that our treehouse was still there !"
"No wayy !! Oh my god i remember all the good times we had there."
Josh says smiling.
"Yeah it was the best. If you didn't know, when we were little me, y/n, faith and josh had a treehouse and would often hang out there and look at the stars." Payton says.
"And so we did just that, it was the best, it brought back so many memories.. And since it was late we decided to spend the night there haha." I said.
"Wait you slept in the same bed ?"
"Well yeah... but like we're like brother and sister we always used to do that nothing happened."
"Y/n you slept in the same fucking bed ! That's bad enough !" He said getting up.
"Nick he's my best friend, you don't need to worry.."
"Oh my god you really don't understand do you ?" He said starting to pace around the room.
"Nick wait-"
"Sorry everyone, thank you for the great day i had fun hanging out with you all but I'm gonna head home." He said before apologizing once again and got out of the house.
"Nick !"
I sprinted out and called out for him.
"Nick ! Wait please !"
He stops and turns around.
"What ?" He says annoyed.
"Nick i really don't understand why it's such a big deal ! You're overreacting."
"Oho really now ? I'm overreacting ? You know what ? Fine." He says turning around and walking away.
".. F-Fine !!" I watch him walk away. I was frozen in place. I go back in and saw that everyone was about to say something but before they do i say this ;
"I'm out." And i go to my room before slamming the door behind me. I hug my teddy bear and lay there upset. After a few minutes i see the door opening revealing Payton. He sits beside me and i get up to face him.
"Hey.." he says. His voice is gentle.
"Hey.."
"Are you okay ?"
"No.. no I'm not.. I'm sorry about nick by the way. I know he didn't mean to be rude to you."
"No it's okay, it's you who i'm worried about. What's up ?"
" I just-... I just don't understand why it's such a big deal like.. Payton you're like a brother to me.. and i don't want that to change because of a boy. But i really like him though.. i'm just lost right now. I don't know what to do."
"I understand. Those are the cons of having a boyfriend." He says playfully making me laugh.
"But that's the thing though.. He's not my boyfriend we only went on one date... Yesterday !"
" I know but maybe he liked you before that. You know.. if i liked a girl for a really long time and i learned that she slept in the same bed with another boy, i would overreact too. Even if nothing happened but that's only because i really like her."
"You think he really likes me ...?"
"Are you kidding ?! Of course he does !"
"Thanks payton. You're the best." I say giving him a big hug.
"No need to thank me, that's what best friends are for. The girls are really worried about you, you want me to let them in ?"
"Yes please."
He gives me a smile and opens the door. Before he closes it i call out to him.
"Payton !" He looks back at me and i say "thank you once again." He gives me a warm smile and closes the door. After a few minutes, i see the girls coming in. They all sit down on my bed. Avani gives me a hug.
"Are you okay bebe ?"
"I'm better thanks to payt."
"That's good to hear."
"You know, i really don't think nick meant any harm. He was just frustrated." Charli says.
"Yeah i know. I just don't know what to do."
"What do you mean ?" Charli asks.
"Well i really like nick and i don't want to ruin what we have. But at the same time, payton's my best friend and we've always been really close, and i don't want that to change."
"Oof, a tricky one." Mads says.
"Well you know, he's not asking you to give up your relationship with payton. He's just asking you not to do things like sleep in the same bed, which is understandable." Nessa says. I look at her and think for a bit.
"You're- you're right. Gosh i'm so stupid why did i have to mess this up !" I say while hitting myself in the head.
"No it's okay bebe. Don't worry it'll be okay." Avani says stopping me and caressing my head.
"How about you talk to him tomorrow ?" Addi suggests.
"Yeah.. I'll do that. Thanks girls.
They all give me a smile. We end up having a lot of fun with everyone. It started to get dark so everyone decided to head home. Avani asked if i wanted her to stay but i said that i'll be okay. The boys came to check on me but i said that everything's fine and that i'll talk to nick tomorrow. We had a few guest rooms so quinton and Payton each stayed in one. I hugged everyone goodnight and went to my room. I changed into my pyjamas and brushed my teeth. I then went and laid down in bed. I decided to go on my phone before going to sleep. And then a tweet from Amelie came to my attention.

Amelie @ameliexrose
Is it true you guys ship me with @nickkaustin ? 😳

What the hell ? I don't know her but i decided to comment.

Comments

User1 yess !!!!! Please date
User2 no he's mine
User3 i can already imagine ur babies
Y/n no
User OMG Y/N COMMENTED
User y/n snapped 😳

The replies to my comment were pretty funny haha. I then decided to text nick.

Nicky 🥺🧸❤️

I'm sorry
Can we talk tomorrow ?

Okay