𝗉𝗍 2~ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗋

Start from the beginning

C/N stared at me with a blank look on his face before bursting into a fit of laughter, one of his hands lightly hitting my shoulder.

"What now?!" I said.

C/N wiped the corners of his eyes.

"You just did it! That pouty thing! You must do that whenever you're irritated or something." He laughed, resting his head on my shoulder

I just scowled and stood up, shrugging C/N's head off my shoulder. I extended my hand towards him as I said "Right, we're winning something." with a determined look on my face.

C/N looked at me and placed his hand in mine, giving me his trademark grin that always makes my heart skip at least 2 beats.

"Let's do it!"

~

We'd almost blown off both of our money combined as we trudged over to C/N's mum's stall. Despite our new-found confidence earlier, we still hadn't won a thing. Our closest to a win was on one of those 'ring-throwing games', but we got beaten.

By a 5 year old.

C/N had suggested that we go over to see his mum, who was selling F/S's , to cheer ourselves up. I agreed, as I was curious to meet C/N's family (as well as getting to eat some F/S's)

"Hey mum, C/S/N! Where's dad?" C/N called out as we approached the F/S stall.

"Hi sweetie, your dad's just gone to get some more F/S's from the car," C/N's mum explained as she waved her hand over her almost empty table. "We're almost out!"

"Oh wow that's great!" C/N said as C/S/N started pointing in my direction.

"C/N who's that?" he said whilst C/N's mum looked at me quizzically, as if she had just noticed I was there.

"Oh um this is my-"

He gently took my hand and gave it a squeeze. I gasped a little in shock, I was not expecting that. Luckily C/N's mum and C/S/N couldn't see what was happening as they were behind the stand still- who knows what they might've said they did.

"She's my friend." He finished, not looking me in the eye. I could see that his cheeks were as flushed as mine.

C/N's mum broke the awkward silence that had settled between us.

"Isn't that nice!" She said cheerfully, clapping her hands together. She gave me her hand to shake, which I took. "I'm C/M/N nice to meet you."

I smiled politely and replied.

"I'm Y/N."

C/M/N then looked at me, her eyes lighting up with what looked like recognition.

"Y/N you say? Aren't you the girl that C/N-"

She abruptly got cut off by C/N changing the subject.

"Haha very nice mum." He said, letting go of my hand and scratching the back of his neck. "Me and Y/N are gonna go now, ok? See ya mum, C/S/N."

He quickly turned to walk away, motioning with a slight tilt of his head for me to follow him.

I gave C/M/N and C/S/N a quick nod of my head before turning to follow C/N.

"Wait!" I heard C/M/N call out. We both turned around, C/N shrugging at me to show that he was confused as well. "Would you two like the last two F/S's?" She asked, holding them out in our direction. "My treat!"

C/S/N whined a bit as I gratefully accepted the F/S's. I hadn't had anything to eat since this morning.

Then we both waved and starting walking away, eating our F/S's.

I could've sworn that in the distance I faintly heard C/M/N saying "What a cute couple they are..." But that was probably all in my head.

~

It was almost the end of the fair and me and C/N were still pretty determined to win something. I had just finished eating my F/S (which was delicious by the way) When C/N excitedly tapped me on the shoulder.

"Y/N look!" He said pointing to a stand where a pile of cans stood. "Can we go play that? I'm sure I can win something."

I frowned. Dammit. I'd blown all of my money already.

C/N must've seen the look on my face before quickly saying "I'll pay don't worry." And dragging me by the arm towards the stand.

I watched him as he licked his lips and threw the first ball, only a little bit off the stack of cans. I felt myself smiling. He looked so adorable when he was concentrating.

He threw the ball a second time and- oh my god he actually did it!

He let out a cheer before picking me up off the floor and spinning me around, as the man running the stall gave his congratulations.

C/N let me go, us both blushing furiously before picking out a massive F/C teddy bear.

"How did you know that was the one I wanted?" I said, gratefully taking the bear from him.

He just shrugged.

"I had a hunch."

~

The sun was starting to set as we exited the fair, which was about to close for the day. C/M/N had agreed for C/N to see me off before coming back to help her, his dad and C/S/N with packing up.

I hugged the teddy bear to my chest.

"Thanks for today, C/N" I said- and I was being honest. Today had been one of the best days of my life.

C/N smiled.

"My pleasure. I'm glad that we went on this date."

Huh?

"It was a date?" I asked, my mouth wide open in shock.

C/N smirked and lightly kissed me on the lips, holding my free hand in his.

"It's whatever you want it to be, N/N."

♡︎

~peachy x

(1314 words)

(Edited 28/06/20)