Chapter 7: Fallen Head Over Heels and a New Project

Start from the beginning

"Skyla, can I..." he trailed off.

I slowly nodded, closing my eyes as our lips connected. My arms snaked around his neck, holding him close.

We parted for a second, my eyes fluttered open, staring back into Andre's half lidded eyes. He let out a breath and smiled, I retracted an arm to place my hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on top of mine, leaning into my touch.

"Andre?"

"Hm?" he hummed as a response.

"I really like you." I confessed.

Andre chuckled, "I figured as much, Sky."

I smiled and hugged him again, happiness beginning to make my heart flutter.

"I promise you, Skyla, I like only you." Andre smiled, pulling away from our hug.

I leaned up and kissed Andre's cheek, "Goodnight, Andre."

"Goodnight, Skyla." he said, kissing my cheek before turning around and walking back to his car.

I watched as he got in and backed out of my driveway, and as he drove away, I closed and locked the front door. I turned around, pressing my back against the wall then sliding down.

"Holy shit." I mumbled out loud with a smile.

My hand hovered over my lips, the sensation still buzzing as I smiled.

"That was my first kiss." I said out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks went by with no word from Lane about Nadia, however, at the third week mark, Lane stopped me as I was walking to my locker, he was reminding me that Nadia's hearing was tonight and he'll update me about the superintendent and principal Helen's decision. As he walked away, I opened my locker and collected all my stuff for class.

"Hey pretty thang!" Andre called, "Look at you, looking beautiful today!"

I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt along with some sneakers, but my tee shirt looked like this:

Giggling, I turned towards the direction his voice came from, "Hey you!"

Andre paused when he saw my arms, I wasn't wearing anything to cover them. He slowly reached out to take my arm in his hand.

"What is-"

"They're from a long time ago, my mother's abuse and Nadia's harassment made those." I explained, "I'm okay now, that's all that matters."

He nodded, tears filling his eyes, "Promise me that you won't do this again."

"I promise." I whispered to him, reaching up to wipe a stray tear off his cheek.

We got quiet as the conversation died, I finished up in my locker and shut the door. Andre cleared his throat, causing me to turn towards him. His tears had dried.