Chapter 7: Fallen Head Over Heels and a New Project

Börja om från början

"And that's what I like about you."

The room got quiet, I tried to let go of Andre's hands but he wouldn't let me let go.

"Can I be honest with you?" Andre asked.

"Go ahead."

"That day in court, I was extremely upset with your mother."

"Who wouldn't be?" I answered.

"But the thing is," he started, "she had this horrible smirk on her face for half of your testimony. And that horrible excuse of a defense attorney..."

"He was trying to get under my skin, trying to manipulate me into believing him. I knew the truth. Barba said that he didn't have a viable defense and the jury believed me more than the defense."

"But what she did to you, that's unforgivable."

"At least I didn't turn out like her, right?" I smiled.

He smiled back, scooting a little closer to me, "Right."

We got quiet again before he spoke up once more, "Listen, I want to be with you."

I, again, tried to free my hands from his grip, but he, again, didn't want to let my hands go. He gripped my wrists to stop me from breaking free.

"Andre, I-"

"Please, Skyla, listen to me." he pleaded.

"Andre, really, I don't think I can be with you."

He looked so heartbroken, "Why not?"

"Because I don't want Nadia to hurt you."

"Sky, she won't do that."

"But what if she does, I don't want her to find out, Andre. She was practically stalking me here."

"Doesn't she have that hearing anyway? So the principal and the superintendent can decide on whether or not to expel her?"

"Yes, but knowing her, she'll do whatever she can to get out of it."

Andre sighed, squeezing both of my hands, "Skyla, she changed. She's no longer that girl you used to know. She's become a bad person and hung out with the wrong crowd."

"But-"

"Sky, listen." Andre pleaded, not giving me a chance to interject, "I like you, and I want to go out with you. Will you give me that chance?"

I hesitated, wanting to think it through before making a decision, but when I looked into his eyes, I felt safe. I felt so utterly safe.

"Of course, Andre." I replied, smiling.

He returned the smile, capturing me in a hug. Giggling, I hugged him back. He then picked me up and spun me around, making me shriek and laugh. I could hear his laughter too. When he put me down, we looked into each other's eyes.

"Want me to drive you home, Sky?" Andre asked.

"Please?" I answered.

"Of course."

I collected my things, Andre walked with me out of the school and to his car, we got in and I gave him directions to my place. Upon arrival, he walked me to the front door. We hugged each other, remaining in that hug for quite some time. When we broke the hug, we looked into each other's eyes.

"Andre?" I asked.

"Yeah." he replied, glancing down at my lips, then back into my eyes.

Leaning close to each other, I could feel his breath on my face.