Chapter 1: Announcement

Hey, hope you enjoy!

Top Floor
Ben's Dorm
9:00 PM
Friday
March 1st

Ben's POV:
We were all eating dinner in the mess hall when the Idiot/our principal turned on the PA system.

"*Ahem* Just a reminder prom is April 3rd. You all may go and you may ask someone to accompany you to the dance."

"Wow." I said. "He actually managed not to screw it up this time." My friends laughed and we all went back to our conversations.

Erica Hale walked over and sat by me. We all stared at her in shock and she laughed.

"What? I'm just trying to be nicer."

"Okay. Hey Erica, I was wondering if you would go to-."

I was just about to ask her something when Joshua Hallal walked over.

"Hey Erica. Will you go to prom with me?" She smiled.

"Sure."

I wanted to scream. I was literally just about to ask her that when he interrupted.

Mike leaned over and whispered something into Zoe's ear. She smiled and nodded as she took his hand. So they were going together.

Chip stood up and went to ask his girlfriend Rebecca to go with him and she happily agreed.

Jawa did the same with Jessica and she grinned and hugged him, which I took to mean they were going together.

In less than 5 minutes I'd gone from about to ask Erica out to being the only one in my friend group to not have a date to go with.

Fan-freaking-tastic.