xiv.| constructive rebellion

Start from the beginning

The bottle of aspirin fell out of a sweater she packed and she smirked, catching it mid-air. She glanced at Liz who wasn't paying attention, she was digging through her suitcase as she pulled out two bathing suits.

"Here I think this one goes with the new style you've been killing lately," Liz tossed the suit to Salene and the girl caught it with her free hand.

The black two-piece looked like it was a high rise on the bottoms. The simple top looked like it would cover her boobs enough and Salene let out a breath of relief.

"Thank you, Liz," Salene spoke as she set the bathing suit down and went to properly folding her clothes, "when were you thinking about us going?"

"I'm so glad you asked," Liz had lit up, her excitement was bubbling over and Salene cursed it, her heart rate had just slowed down and it picked up its pace as Liz sat on her bed next to her suitcase, "because I was watching this ted talk on our way here and the speaker was talking about how moral boosters for teams ensures that your team has a better chance at winning whatever competition it is, and I was thinking, what's better than the team spending time together and bonding, I know it would probably do some good for Flash and Peter since they can't stop fighting."

Salene furrowed her brows at the thought of Peter and Flash getting along.

"Have you noticed how one-sided those fights are?" Salene asked as she got up and sorted through the wrinkled clothes and the ones that managed to survive her desperate attempt at finding her painkillers, "as all Peter does is look at me like Jim Halpert to the camera whenever Flash says something stupid to him."

Liz snorted at Salenes comment.

"Please, if anything, he looks at you like Pam Beasley," Liz argued and Salene furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head. Everyone could see Peter's obvious crush on Liz, Salene thought that even Liz knew. Or maybe Liz chooses to ignore it.

Salene pushed her thoughts aside as she stood up and looked back to her wrinkled clothes. She huffed and looked for the closet, knowing that the iron and its board would be in there. The girl pulled them both out and went and set them up in the corner of the room.

"Do you have anything that you want to be ironed?" Salene asked and Liz nodded, shrugging off her jacket.

"I messed it up on the way here,"  Liz explained with light humor in her tone. Salene took it gently with a nod and set it on the chair next to the ironing board.

Salene was silent as she got to work. She slowly ran the iron over the clothing. Salenes mind wandered as she went through the motions. She thought of Lucifer, she was confused about him. Salene can't say she trusts him, but at the same time, what good does he get from a body that would practically be destroyed if he continued to make her put up a fight.

She didn't realize she was done until all her clothes, including Liz's blazer, were ironed and hung in the closet for the next day.

"Hey, I think I want the team to get ready for the pool now," Liz spoke. She got up and grabbed the bathing suit she brought and disappeared into the bathroom. Salene quickly changed into the extra bathing suit Liz brought and smiled at the way she looked in it.

The bathroom door opened and Liz stepped out, she smiled and held out a towel to Salene. The blonde quietly accepted it and mumbled a small thank you before wrapping her body up. Liz and Salene quickly left the room where Cindy and Betty were waiting outside. They went room to room until they went around the corner and there stood Peter, a backpack over his shoulder with a hoodie and basketball shorts.

He looked both the girls up and down, Peters stare lingered more on Liz with terror-filled eyes. Salene wanted to smack him for looking like a shady deer in headlights.