the one without the ski trip

Start from the beginning

"here we go. okay, brace yourselves," chandler quickly warned the group as they approached the rest stop with only one other car in its' lot.
"what?" monica innocently asked while everyone else prepared for impact.
"ow!"
those in the backrow poured out of the taxi; chandler to—of course smoke, monica taking her time to get to the bathroom, and ella and joey running to the bathroom.
"aren't you gonna go?" phoebe looked over to rachel.
"no. thank you."
"no, rachel never pees in public restrooms," monica closed the door before finally making her way to them.
"well, they never have any paper in there y'know. so my rule is 'no tissue, no tushy...well, if everybody's going," rachel started making her way out once she realized she was the only one left in the car.
"no, y'know what don't close it–'cause the-keys-are in there," phoebe announced just seconds too late.
"oh, no-no-no-no! my lighter's in there!"

after about three minutes, ella and monica had come out of the bathroom and right into the situation going on outside.
"what do you mean the keys are locked in the car?" ella repeated the situation just to make sure she was hearing them right.
"the keys are locked in the car! maybe if you hadn't run straight to the bathroom you would've still been in the taxi!" rachel immediately, and childishly blamed the other green.
"hey! i was looking for souvenirs in there!" ella immediately defended herself. 
"souvenirs? do you mean stealing?!" monica furrowed her eyebrows in shock.
"joey! what took you so long!" phoebe interrupted the bickering as soon as he stepped out. 
"woah...i'm straight, but the guy in there is–hot," joey flusterdly breathed out.
"hes what took you so long?" ella turned to him confused along with the rest of the friends.
"oh, no no. i didn't get his name but, we got to talking and he was on his way to his parent's house and his car battery died. hes calling 'em now—i told him we could drop him off on the way up!" joey quickly summed up, the gang standing too far away at this point to really even see the mystery man at the payphone.
"yeah that'd be a great idea–if the keys weren't locked in the car!"
"what?! how?!"
"when ella ran out all the doors just somehow closed-i don't know," rachel childishly lied again trying to it spread it further in the group.
"rachel, i have the stolen goods to prove i wasn't the last one out of the cab! theres three witnesses that can testify you were though," ella bounced back, tilting her head for effect.
"relax okay, i-i can get this open. anybody have a coat hanger?" joey tried to deescalate the moment.
"oh i do! no, wait a minute, i took it out of my shirt when i put it on this morning!"
"so, if you're parents hadn't got divorced, you'd be able to answer a question like a normal person?" monica turned to the obviously coping chandler.
"look, i just need a wire something to jimmy it. oh hey, one of you guys give me the underwire from your bra!"
all six of them continued to go back and forth on why or why not they should sacrifice their bras.
"whoever has the biggest boobs, has the biggest bra, therefore has the biggest wire."
"hey, is everything alright?" the still unnamed man finally walked over to them after overhearing the now just–weird conversation. the friends all now had a chance to actually get a good look at him.
"wow, joey you have great taste in men," ella spoke her thoughts a little too loudly dumbfounded, resulting in joey giving the (now) glaring guy an awkward smile.
"uh-hi, i'm brian," brian nervously waved to everyone before having to experience overly flirtatious introductions from the girls.
"monica..."
"rachel..."
"phoebe..."
"ella..."
(a/n: i'm leaving it up to you to imagine whatever over the top gestures and tones they're using, this chapter is long enough.)
"oh–hi ella..." brian softly, but nervously, let out not taking his eyes off of her—that was until chandler closed the introductions with a deadpan, "chandler."
"i'm joey! glad we got our intros in. if you guys wanna get back in the car, we need the wire, your call," joey quickly reminded everyone about their crisis.
"alright, forget it, you can have mine," phoebe loudly sighed and started taking her arms out of her sleeves.
"oh looks whose suddenly so eager," joey teasingly scoffed.
"wait whose lapping up with who?" monica looked over to everyone but the tense chandler concerned.
"uh, by the looks of the options...i think you're going to have to sit on joey's lap," rachel answered clenching her teeth.
"you guys suck!" monica childishly, but quietly, let out.
"and there you go!" joey finally jiggled the lock open. the group quickly cheered before they all rushed into the car.
"chandler!" all the friends yelled out as he immediately lit his cigarette.
"okay...oh no," phoebe reversed the cab until everyone heard the engine sputter and turn off.
"what, what's it, what's going on?"
"yeah, this has happened before."
"so you know how to fix it?"
"yep. put more gas in."