"Draco, I'm still getting ready. Could you make me a cup of tea?"

"Sure thing, dear," Draco hung his suit jacket up neatly and went into the kitchen to put the kettle on. Hermione slipped her dress on after she dried, did her hair, and went downstairs when she heard the kettle whistle. 

"Wow," Draco was by the stove with his mouth completely agape. "You look incredible,"

"I have to go finish getting ready, but I heard the kettle." Hermione was blushing, and she smiled as Draco kissed her. 

"I'll bring it up to you. I haven't even let it steep yet. To finish up, and then we can leave." 

"Alright, it shouldn't take me too long. I have to finish my makeup and find the shoes I wanted to wear," Hermione went back up the stairs and started on her makeup soon after Draco was standing in her bathroom with a cup of tea, smiling at her. 

"Draco, I know I'm running late. Could you find my black heels in the closet?"

"Of course, dear," Draco found them quickly, and soon they were out the door. Headed to party, the first time they would be seen together as a couple, and in truth, they were both nervous. 

As they arrived, Hermione stopped at the door, she was suddenly nervous about all of this, and Draco stopped behind her taking her hand. 

"Hermione, it is going to be alright. People are going to be shocked, but I am going to be right there with you. Harry and Ginny have your back. It is going to be alright. We are going to be alright."

"Thank you, Draco; I am sorry that I am so nervous." 

"No need to be sorry, dear," 

They walked in hands clutched together. They walked together, and Hermione smiled down at their hands. She felt more comfortable now. She was with Draco, and she was happy about it. Her mood had drastically changed since she had been at the doors, and she was glad they were here together. 

"Hermione," Kingsley had come up to the both of them and smiled at the pair. Interesting, he thought. He wondered how long this has been going on. 

"Hello, sir. Thank you for all of this." 

"Sir," Draco stuck out his hand and smiled at the Minister. The Minister returned his smile as he nodded at Draco. He was quite pleased with the pair. He hadn't known about them, of course, but he had heard all about what Draco had been up to from Harry after Hermione had been to his gala. He was confident that Draco had changed, and seeing Hermione with him now; he knew it to be true. 

Hermione continued her conversation with the Minister and ignored people's whispers about how she had come with Draco. She hoped that they would stop soon, however, because it was getting frightfully annoying. Why couldn't others mind their own business?  When she had finished with her conversation, she and Draco found their seats with Harry and Ginny, and she felt at ease again. All eyes seemed to be on the four sitting at the head table wondering she assumed if Harry was alright with all of this. 

Of course, Harry sensed this from the people around him and made a conscious effort to engage Malfoy in conversation. Hermione had been right about having dinner with him beforehand. It made the conversation less awkward, and it seemed as though they might even be friends. 

By the end of the night, people had started to come up to the couple and offered their congratulations to Hermione and even offered small bits of conversation to Draco. Hermione was pleased that people seemed to be alright with them together. Whether they really did or they were putting on a nice face for Hermione, she didn't care. She was just pleased that they were not being rude and standoffish toward them. Blaise Zabini had even come over and talked with Hermione and Draco. Hermione found him just as pleasant as she had at the gala and giggled slightly when she heard Blaise tease Draco about he had been right about Draco fancying Hermione.