𝗃𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗆

Start from the beginning

"Is that C/N?" I thought to myself.

No it can't be, I must be going insane from not seeing him today. But it just looks so much like him that I-

I have to go up to him.

I felt myself start walking towards the bench, getting more and more nervous with every step.

"But this could be your chance Y/N, your chance to actually speak to him"

I found myself standing behind him, though he hadn't noticed me yet. I took a deep breath and said "Hey C/N."

He flinched and slowly started turning towards me. "Oh god," I thought "It isn't him abort, abort!"

But it was him, it was C/N.

I immediately turned red again. Even though he was soaking wet he still managed to look handsome. His C/H/C hair was stuck to his forehead and his C/E/C eyes were looking directly at me. But something was wrong, I could feel it. He wasn't wearing his usual smile and his eyes-

He'd been crying.

C/N, crying? I didn't know what to do. I was really bad with people when they were upset. My nerves got the better of me and I quickly turned to leave when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

"Please Y/N, can you stay for a bit?" He muttered, almost inaudibly.

His hand was freezing cold but I didn't mind it in the slightest. He knows my name! But I could see the sadness in his eyes and knew this wasn't the right time for celebrating. So I nodded and sat down on the bench beside him.

He needs a friend and I'll be one for him.

We sat in an awkward, yet comfortable silence for a couple minutes, watching the waves lapping over the already damp beach. Well I was. I could feel C/N watching me.

Just as I was about to say something he said "What are you listening too?"

I didn't even know at this rate. My Spotify was on shuffle so I wasn't listening to F/S anymore. I switched my phone on to see that 'Japanese Denim' was beginning to play, a song I had become quite obsessed with for a few days now.

"Japanese Denim" I stated nervously.

"Damn will he judge me for my music taste?"

But C/N just nodded and said so quietly that I could've missed it "Can I listen to it?"

I gasped in surprise but nodded and gave him my left earbud. He put it in his ear and we listened to the song, though I couldn't listen comfortably because I was so worried about whether he'd hate it or not.

Once the song was over he gave me back my earbud and said, much louder now, "That was beautiful."

Wow.

"You think?" I exclaimed, shoving my phone and earbuds into my bag.

"Yeah. It reminds me of something my mum used to say, 'A good pair of jeans can last you a lifetime'."

A good pair of jeans can last you a lifetime?

I laughed. "Damn right they can! This pair has lasted me 3 years."

Oh god Y/N did you really say that?

I cringed but C/N just laughed, his eyes starting to light up again.

"No, in a metaphorical sense"

"Oh" Well, this just proves how smart I am doesn't it?

"I used to think that R/N was a good pair." C/N muttered to himself, his hands clenched together.

"Huh R/N?"

"Yeah, she broke up with me."

I did not see that coming. I was ecstatically happy though. R/N has been my biggest competition since I was 5 and I was so upset when she and C/N started dating 2 years ago, but they broke up?

"Oh C/N I'm so sorry." I said

And I meant it. Well half meant it.

C/N just smiled sadly.

"Well C/N, if you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me." I said.

C/N looked up at me astounded. All of a sudden I felt strong arms wrap themselves around me and I was pushed into a fierce hug. I closed my eyes, savouring the moment.

He then let me go, his C/E/C eyes staring right into my E/C ones. He was so close I could see light freckles scattered across his cheeks that I'd never noticed before.

"Thank you, Y/N."

I blushed and looked down at the ground.

"Anytime."

By then I'd completely forgotten about her. My day immediately brightening up.

Thank you, C/N.

~C/N's POV~

I watched Y/N as she walked away from me and back onto the street. She put her earbuds back into her ears and quickly walked away, scowling whenever she stepped into a deep puddle.

I smiled and looked down at my hand where she had written her number. The ink was already starting to fade off from the rain but it was still legible.

Suddenly, I realised I wasn't so upset about R/N anymore.

Maybe you're my good pair.

Y/N.

♡︎

~peachy x 

(1346 words)

(Edited 28/06/20)