Entry 1- Ben

I held the smoke bomb in my hands. This was going to be my best prank yet!

I looked out my window that happened to be right across to my best friend's window. The bright red curtains were open along the glass window. I glanced at my phone. 5 minutes until 5 in the morning.

The smoke bomb was rather simple, but it was practical and got the job done.

I checked my phone again, growing bored of waiting. 30 seconds. I smiled and turned back towards the window. 10 seconds. I counted down from 5 in my head as I readied my aim. 4. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1! I chucked the smoke bomb, uncovering the small opening where the smoke came pouring out, into the bedroom of my friend. I heard her alarm clock blaring to wake her up immediately. 

Soon a short girl ran to her window with green, tired eyes that were shooting daggers at me. She had her hair pulled into a high ponytail with a scrunchy decorated with simple daisies. I laughed uncontrollably. This is Vix. 

"How'd you like your wake-up call, Sleeping Beauty?" I called out as she wafted the smoke outside, where it quickly starting to fade. Suddenly, I heard her fire alarm start going off. She cursed and ran away from her window. 

I sighed and leaned on my window sill, before grabbing my backpack, clothes, brush, and key ad stuffed them all inside my bag along with my school supplies. I walked out of my house after quickly writing a note to my parents that stated I was going over Vix's house to get ready for my first day, then go to school with them.

When I quickly got to her door and turned the knob to find it locked. I turned to look at the camera above the door that watched my every move. My eyes landed on the potted plant to the side of the oath leading to the front door. I rushed over, pushing it aside to reveal the key beneath it. I smiled.

When I got inside, I saw Vix on a ladder trying to turn off the fire alarm. Finally, she pushed a button on the device to make the noise stop. She sighed and turned toward me. "You're soooo lucky my parents aren't home. They would be freaking out," Vix said as she got down from the ladder. 

I smiled. Me and Vix have been friends for 10 years now. Best friends to be exact. Sometimes, I wonder what life would be like without her. I'd probably be alone with no friends, but have that troublemaker vibe. I would've never pushed myself and even be still in kindergarten at this point. Vix, on the other hand, would be writing a book, or dancing in a few competitions, but also with millions of fake friends, due the fact of her being too nice when I first met her. Instead we were together, to get through life and its obstacles. In my opinion, we're better off together. Suddenly, Vix grabbed my arm and started pulling me upstairs, dragging me back to reality.

"I need your advice! It's our first day of junior year, and I have no clue what to wear," she exclaimed. Vix has a tendency to ask me for my fashion advice, considering that she is horrible when it comes to the topic. I've been helping my mother, a fashion boo artist, for years. Vix, on the other hand, freaks out about the way others feel about her. She's also horrible at not showing, too . . . Well, actually she's no horrible at it. She just doesn't try. She doesn't like the secrecy of people's emotions. 

That would be embarrassing when she started to like anyone, whenever that happened.

I sorted through the closet of my friend's, taking a good look at each article of clothing. Finally, I pulled out a white top. It had two sleeves that were across the shoulders and colorful vines with tiny flowers climbing up beautifully from the bottom. I tossed it to Vix and then continued to pull out a pair of gray tights and  alight blue skirt. Soon, light lavender uggs followed.

When I turned back around to see Vix digging into my bag eagerly. I rushed over to her and yanked the bag out her hands, feeling my face heat up as I glanced inside. "Looking for this?" Vix chirped. I spun around and saw her holding my phone with its basic orange case. She flipped her messy hair and gave me an evil smirk.

"I can tell from that red on your face, that there had to have been sparks flying last night. Since you won't tell me, your best friend, I wonder if I can guess from your goodbye texts!" Vix said, waving the phone from across the room before darting down the hall.

I rushed after her right as I heard her sliding down the banister for the stairs. I run to follow and stumble at the bottom, nearly tripping on the red shaggy carpet. I turn to see her blonde hair going around the corner, into the kitchen. When I entered, I looked up to see her scrambling on top of the fridge. She smirked at me before she squinted at the bright screen. "Why do you have your brightness all the way up?"

I walked over with a stool and snatched the phone from her. Her eyes widened, as she pouted and folded her arms over her green pajamas. I glanced at my phone and smirked as she hadn't even pressed the right name. She'd accidentally pressed her own. my eyes floated down the screen and locked on the words 

Today, 5:10 AM

I slid m finger upward to reveal two screenshots sent through my phone to Vix. I froze at the sight and slowly looked at Vix, who had her lavender phone out. She was looking straight at me as she unlocked it. 

"Since you didn't give me time to read the texts, I sent screenshots. I'll gladly ignore them, if you do something in exchange." Vix grinned at me.

"What might that be?"

"Tell me what happened and don't tell my mom I'm dying my hair."