14.lunch

"Finally, lunch!!" I exclaimed as I walked along side Daniel. He was surprisingly quiet, the whole way so I was concerned.

I gently tapped his arm and said, "Hey, you ok? you seem a bit off."

"I'm fine, just a little bit under the weather."

"You sure?"

"YEA" he said melancholically.

"I don't believe you, you're my friend, right? so if something is bothering you, you should tell me." I said as I stopped walking.

"Do you like Johnny?"

"That's what's bothering you?"

"No. maybe..."

"you mean like-like or just like" I said childishly.

"Like-like?"

"Would you like-like your sister Daniel>?"

"No."

"Then you got your answer."

"But he's not your brother."

"Biotically no but metaphorically yea."

"BUt why would that even bother you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well he did beat me up about a week ago." Daniel said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Okay"

After a couple of minutes me and Daniel found some seats outside and we sat next to each other in a comfortable silence, until, you guessed it ALI and her minions came over.

"Hi, Daniel." Ali said as he shot him a girlish smile.

"Hey, ali."

"So, how was your first day of school?" She said as she twirled her hair with one finger wich I found pretty annoying.

"umm,Fine I guess." he said with smile that did not reach his eyes.

"So, the Halloween dance is in two weeks, are you already going with someone?" Ali said in a sweet smile.

"It's 3 actually." I said in a monotone voice but she ignored me waiting for Daniel's answer.

"I'm going with y/n, actually." He said as he gave me a pleading look, he was begging me to play along.

"Yep. We're going. Together." I said with a fake smile.

"Are you guys dating?" Ali said with a hint of disapproval in her eyes.

"Not exactly." Daniel said, shooting me a look, I rose my eyebrows at him.

"What does that mean?" Ali said sill trying to keep her composure.

"It means none of your business." I said with a sarcastic smile on my face.

She shot me a nasty look and said" I was talking to Daniel, y/n, so back to my question, what does that mean, Daniel?"She emphasized Daniel's name.

"I actually don't know"

"So, that means it's undecided?" Ali said with a bit of hope in her eyes.

"Yea... well, I don't know?" Daniel said.

"So you guys are not dating?" Ali looked at us confused.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You'll never know." I said with jazz hands.

Ali looked at Daniel and Daniel shrugged.

"I guess I'll see you later then, Daniel?"

"Yea, sure." Daniel looked up and smile.