Running from the Sky

The Ziltons were rich. They lived in a house on a big hill overlooking the city. The house was a bright shade of red. The man and I were walking up the hill when I asked him,"What is your name?" He said, "Call me Mr. Luis." I would NOT add 'mister' to his name! He'll just be Luis.

We finally reached the house. I ran up and rang the expensive doorbell. It played a little song! Then, a lady answered the door. "Hello," she said. "Luis? Who is this little girl?" "Her name is Ellie Runner," Luis said. "THEY killed her parents." "Oh no!," said the lady said. Then, she turned to me. "My name is Marie Zilton, but just call me Marie." "Okay," I said. "Well you can call me Ellie."

"I want to adopt her," said Marie. "She seems nice. Do I have to sign any papers?" "Nope," said Luis.

"Well then come inside Ellie," she said. "How old are you?" "I'm twelve," I said, even though I was fourteen. I followed her inside. "Here's your room," said Marie. "Do you like the color pink? That's the color that the room is. The blankets on the bed are red." Pink and red!? Even I knew that those colors didn't go together!

"Who picked out the colors?" I asked. "Me," said Marie. "But now I don't really like them. Would you like to repaint them." "Of course!" I said. "Blue is my favorite color. But I also like red... I'll paint it blue and red striped."

I might be spying on these people, but who said I couldn't have fun!?