Anorexia>Brandon Arreaga

Start from the beginning

With every inch of space he took up from walking forward, his heart thumped erratically under the bone of his ribcage. He was frozen once he finally made his way to your bedroom door.

Even the knob of the door was freezing, a chill crept up Brandon's spine, licking a line from his tailbone to his neck as he twisted and pushed the door open.

He expected to see you happily taking a nap or watching your favorite TV show as you healed inside and out from the sickness that was hosting itself in your body.

But what he saw, it was terrifying. Your darkened room chilled like the inside of a freezer held your unconscious body, passed out in the middle of the floor.

Brandon lept towards you, leaning over your fragile body to grab a few blankets from your bed then dropped to his knees beside you, a thud echoing throughout the room.

He finally had a chance to examine your body as he was about to swaddle your glass like figure with blankets.

Your lips chapped were held open so you could somehow breathe. The dark circles encased your resting eyes, your skin blotchy and your body was frosty to the touch.

The appearance of your traits didn't catch his eyes first though.

No, it was the shape of your body. You were no longer the cuddly little marshmallow he loved to engulf into warm hugs.

Your skin was glued to your bones, your figure hollow and misshapen. Collarbones popping out of your chest, ribcage more than noticeable as he placed a hand over your barely beating heart.

"You're beautiful y/n, why'd you have to go and do this to yourself." Brandon hugged you close to his chest, blankets occupying your limbs to warm you back up.

A single tear fell from under the lens of his glasses and onto your prominent cheekbone. Even the beautiful face he dreamed so often of kissing, was a stranger to him.

The uplifting of your stomach stopped so Brandon leaned his ear up against your heart, and it was true, the valuable organ keeping your skin flush and body functioning had shut down.

Brandon surfaced to reality and dug through his pockets, searching for his phone until he finally managed to reach it. "9-1-1, I need an ambulance at (your address), it's my friend y/n, her heart stopped!"

By now Brandon was trying with all of his might not to drown you in his tears as he listened to the operator speaking. He was told the ambulance would arrive in 5 minutes so he thanked the operator and hoisted you up into his arms and gently placed your frail figure on the bed.

He scavenged around your room, taking glances from you to wherever he was looking as he tossed clothes around until he found sweatpants with a hoodie he'd given to you for your 17th birthday.

Brandon rushed back, peeling the blankets along with your joggers and t-shirt off. The horror held in his emotions as he saw how truly sunken in your body was.

It was like examining a skeleton and he had to be the one to poke around and name each bone.

Brandon softly brought your head through the hole of the sweatshirt then filled your arms into the sleeves, trying with all of his might not to drench his letterman jacket's sleeve with a wet patch of warm tears.

He filed the sweatpants up your legs, the waistband swallowing your waist as the pants were too large for you now. Lastly, he slipped a pair of hypothermia socks onto your feet and wrapped you back up with your favorite blanket.

His hand whisked away the strand bits of hair you had behind your ears as he held you close, hearing sirens alarming from outside the house.

Brandon gave your forehead a soft kiss. "You'll make it through this princess, I know you will."