𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

Start from the beginning

Because

I'm a villain

What makes you think otherwise?

You don't know what a wicked little devil I am

You're a villain

What makes you think otherwise?

The villain you failed to notice breathes within you

"Red heart, red heart. If he has a suit as a symbol then this highly indicates that he is perhaps a member of Heartslabyul," she muttered to herself as a reminder just in case she had forgotten— a habit that whatever she had learnt would go from one ear and out the other. Although she was still listening to the music that blasted in her ears, she decided to lower the volume and search. Ever since childhood in her original body, she had hated the game of hide-and-seek, so now that magic was a thing— especially having her useful unique magic that even she thought was quite overpowering, had helped.

She clicked her tongue before calling out to Yuu. "Hey, how eager are you to find this guy?"

"Yes."

"N-No, not that meme!"

"Well, as long as we can't find him then we might get kicked out of the ramshackle for all we know!"

She exhaled heavily before staring at the distance. "Guess I'll use my unique magic."

"U-Unique magic? Is that meant to be some sort of skill?"

"Yeah, everyone is meant to have their own type of magical skill called Unique Magic — and they name it as well," Mira explained as she closed her eyes, then smirking with confidence as she placed a finger on her forehead. "Velvet Heartbeat!"

In an instant, Yuu swore she saw the floor emit waves, the walls slightly shaking as her mouth gaped open, sweat trickling down her face as anxiety took a toll on her. "A-Amir-san, what was that!?"

"My unique magic, of course! I am able to detect a person who I need to find or interrogate— also gaining all the information I need from them...but I prefer not to say the deeper information for their safety," Mira answered before pointing to her left. "That Ace guy who's currently a first-year of class 1-A and 25th on the roll, born on the 23rd of September with the height of 172 cm — he's in the Hall of Mirrors and damn, he looks sketchy as Hell. Seems like the cheeky type, huh?"

"Grim, let's go!" Yuu exclaimed as Grim zoomed through the hallway. Mira wondered if they even knew where the Hall of Mirrors was, considering that they had barely been able to venture through the campus.

Well, youths will be youths. I'll just leave them be until they drag that guy back over here to finish off their job. Great, now I'm really craving for some coffee.

Mira took a seat from one of the many benches in the cafeteria, the size of the room seemingly much larger than when the lots of students rushed in to get the limited lunches. She recalled people battling with magic just to get their desired food, the cussing and the bullying of those who were weaker than their opponent. It seemed that the children in the academy weren't as different as the kids that she spent her old life with.

She tried so hard not to remember, yet why was she feeling this nostalgic?

"It's been years...since when are you going to let go of yourself?" She whispered, yet the soft voice that she had emitted sounded a lot like her old voice rather than Mira's. "She's given you a chance to be reborn, so you should at least live life to her standards. She's going to be disappointed seeing her body like this."